What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people's faces. We're the world's leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Purpose of the role
Mondelēz EU (MEU) operates as a Category led business model organisation responsible for the Categories of Chocolate, Cheese & Grocery, Biscuits and Gum and Candy. The Categories lead the development and implementation of strategies for the growth of the total business, which includes managing the P&L.
The company's strategic imperative is to deliver strong topline and bottomline growth and one of the key strategic initiatives is to improve Marketing / Trade Effectiveness and drive strong Return On Investment (ROI).
The Growth Analytics Senior Analyst is part of the EU&NE Chocolate Strategy Insights & Analytics team.
The position will mainly be responsible for leading the Chocolate Marketing Mix Models projects, managing external MMM Partners, providing a solid understanding of the Business Sales drivers, identifying and recommending the interventions needed to improve & optimize the investment. This would require working closely & engaging with the Regional & Area Chocolates Consumer Insights, Marketing, Finance, Shopper & Sales Planning teams. Specifically, the following will be the key focus areas for the role:
- Market Mix Modelling (MMM) / Planning & ROI Project Management.
- Business Drivers: Due-to's, Simulation and optimization.
Market Mix Modelling (MMM) / Planning & ROI:
- Independently manage multiple Marketing Mix Modelling projects which are identified as key Category priorities. Details on Project Management needs listed in Appendix.
- Provide regular MMM training support, communicate the capability resources available from Global COE (e-learning modules etc.) to RCT.
- Support regional Analytics Lead to compare and contrast MMM learnings across categories and countries to identify cross category learnings & best practices.
A&C/Trade ROI Measurement: Continuity, Consistency & Comparability:
- Ensure Good ‘Science', advanced statistical, calibrated Econometric Modelling.
- Help to build Harmonized key metrics, definitions, inputs to enable “apples to apples” comparisons across brands, markets on ROI's, drivers of growth.
- Cover business drivers holistically ensuring sufficient granularity (especially Media mix, Price & Promo, NPDs)
Continuous Improvement & Innovation:
- Leverage category knowledge, ROI, Media optimization learnings based on past MMM work to ramp up future Business Drivers and ROI improvement & measurement capability.
- Document & apply specific project process learnings/ nuances by markets.
- Continuous process improvement to reduce cycle time & costs across all elements of the MMM process – especially data collection, modelling.
Drive application of Business driver's insights within the Category to improve decisions:
- Build confidence by showing & validating recommendations with actual results.
- Consistent quality standards of models, deliverables and output.
- Business partners easily translating technical outputs to powerful Business insights, learnings, implications, recommendations.
This position requires a proactive, mature and self-reliant person who can always take the initiative and influence within a broad team environment. Specific skills also include: Superior written and verbal communication skills.
A lucid and structured communicator, who makes the point clearly and persuasively.
- Must be able to handle numerous projects at one time and meet fast turnaround deadlines.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- A good balance between using empirical data and common sense and “gut feel”.
- Prior knowledge and experience of the Mondelēz International organization, is preferred but not a requirement.
- Persuasive and stimulating ‘packaging' and presentation of all materials is a significant part of the job, as is explaining/arguing/defending/developing the thinking in all meetings and communication scenarios.
- Balancing the ability to deliver with urgency with the ability of keeping momentum due to the reality that building capabilities is more of a marathon than a sprint.
- Take, understand and establish project briefs, communicating and presenting to all parties to ensure the approach is supported, project managed and excellence is achieved.
- Become a respected internal source of knowledge on best practices.
Whilst this is more of a specialist role with the SIA organization, we are looking for an individual who would be considering furthering their career in other areas of Insight such as Consumer, Shopper or Category Insights role.
- High analytical skills and wisdom/judgement to evaluate and improve delivery.
- Able to synthesize data from different sources into a well-structured story with clear implications.
- Good interpersonal, intercultural and communication / influence skills.
- Self starter, comfortable working remotely and strongly influence & work with others in multiple locations.
- Worked with Market research & Media data sources (retail measurement, Brand Health Trackers and consumer & shopper panels; assessment of data quality).
- Competent in all standard PC packages including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Considerable experience in marketing research, Advanced Analytics preferably at an CPG or a FMCG company and/or some experience in forecasting/business planning in increasing responsibility positions.
- Strong knowledge of information sources such as Nielsen, IRI, Euromonitor, HH Panel, Financials, Internal Shipments, and media databases.
- Fluent English.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree (Social Science, Business Administration, Marketing, Statistics preferred).
- MBA or MA in Social Science with concentration in research, marketing, quantitative analysis. PhD is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of advanced analytics methods (Marketing Mix Econometric modelling, forecasting simulators).
- Able to understand how to apply marketing mix modelling and ROI learning.
- Cross-country experience, demonstrated ability to work across cultures, and in remote teams.
- Experience in working in media agency, media planning, Digital/online/social media planning.
- Experience in working with advanced statistics.
- Expert knowledge of business process, key functions, and leveragability of information.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Apply on company website