Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
The HR Co-ordinator is the first point of contact who liaises with plant line managers to advise on HR Administrative processes in the areas of Sharp, Reporting, Recruitment & On-boarding, Relocation, Employee Events (pay and position changes),Leaves of Absence, Separations, Attendance Tracking and Personnel File Maintenance.
Each HR Coordinator supports a specific plant(s) and works with line managers and employees in to advise on HR processes, ensure policies, pay practice standards are met and maintained, manage approvals, SHARP input, case management and letter production (including filing), and to escalate to the relevant member of the HR team when requests are outside of the agreed guidelines. The HR Co-ordinator will therefore be expected to understand the relevant functional area, and to build effective working relationships with key contacts in the line as well as in the HR team.
Our underlying philosophy is efficiency, effectiveness and excellence
- Provide high-quality, timely, and professional customer service ensuring customers' questions are fully addressed.
- Work within the SLA and keep the customer informed of the expected completion date, including when the item is escalated for decision.
- Record and track cases in the case management system and follow through to ensure each case is resolved to ensure SLAs can be measured and improved (e.g. response time, open cases, recurring issues).
- Maintain SHARP OM (organisation management) and master data in line with NA and global data requirements so that the system data always enables accurate reporting and we always meet 99% or above data accuracy when audited.
- Maintain SHARP OM and PA so that organisation charts and other data is always accurate for business use (e.g. in MyHR Online) and drives HR credibility with the business. Respond promptly and professionally when data inaccuracies are identified, ensuring a swift correction once the proper information is known
- Perform all administrative and coordinating tasks, including data analysis, reports, union bidding process, attendance tracking, personnel file maintenance etc.
- Support HRBL(s) of client group in large initiatives in areas of reorganization, restructure, workforce realignments, etc.
- Provide support to designated client group and HRBL of group in annual processes (e.g., performance, compensation, succession planning etc)
- Produce all documentations related to employee contract fulfillment (e.g. reference letters etc.), employee events and separations
- Contribute to internal content (KB) and proposes updates and enhancements to ensure constantly up to date data base
- Support Employee Relations activities as needed
- Respond to Unemployment claim inquiries from 3rd party vendor
Employee Events (pay & position changes)
- Complete approvals and process letters and SHARP transactions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Advise line managers on use of the pay calculator and escalate were requests are outside the guidelines.
- Complete pay and position changes in payroll/time-keeping system of record
- Provide advice to line managers and employees on the process including where the relevant policies and checklists can be found on line.
- For separations carry out or coordinate the exit interview process.
- Advise the HRBL and HR Manager of leaves of absence and separations.
- Prepare and send letters and complete SHARP transactions as required.
- Conduct exit interviews with targeted employee populations and enter data in survey tool
- SHARP input preparation as needed (e.g., updating potential ratings in the system (mass uploads).
- Monitor completion of performance reviews in Success Factors, providing completion information to line managers to enable them to ensure that all reviews are completed to time.
- Be the first point of contact for line managers/employees with L&D queries, but refer to the L&D Coordinator where necessary.
- Support with collating and sending communications as agreed between the C&B Lead and the HR Solutions Team Lead.
- Data verification prior to YE comp planning cycle
- Respond to basic C&B queries from the line managers, and refer more complicated queries to the C&B team.
- SHARP Input preparation as needed (e.g., new details or incentive corrections (mass upload).
- Support line managers or HR managers with the administration and note-taking for disciplinary meetings, grievances and collective consultation, including attendance at other relevant meetings.
- Assist with HR-related project work where required, e.g., organization change, shift pattern review, analysis of potential across a function, etc. Project work may not necessarily be for the same function as the client base for the role, but will be allocated carefully to balance skills, development and workload.
- As agreed in line with personal development plan and local needs, be the team's point of contact for complex queries relating to a particular area of HR Solutions delivery (e.g., Separations, sickness processes, data protection etc.)
- Ensure new hires are welcomed on day one and are taken through the elements of induction that are allocated as HR responsibility (this may be completed by the HR Solutions Co-ordinator, recruiting coordinator or hiring manager or by someone else as agreed).
- Act as a main point-of-contact for all HR related standard questions
- Explain how the process works and where necessary how the manager/employee can support delivery by following the process.
- Closely collaborate with HRBL's of client groups to gain a solid business understanding in order to anticipate future developments and deliver excellent client service
- Develop specialist knowledge of practical Employment Law and a further understanding of generalist HR as well as increasing understanding of the wider business through working closely with the relevant HR colleagues.
- Understand location pay practices and liaise with time administrators and employee to ensure timely and accurate pay. When necessary refer employee or line managers to centralized payroll team.
- Provide advice on process guidelines such as the % pay increase available for typical promotions, or the employment law requirements (e.g., Timing of final payment at termination in each state/province).
- Refer line managers and employees to the intranet or knowledge base where possible and build their confidence in self-service for policies, approval forms etc.
- Provide advice to line managers and employees on HR Admin processes including explanation of the policy and practices incl of collective bargaining agreements where applicable
- Where, after working with the line manager/employee, they are seeking a solution outside the guidelines, escalate to the relevant member of the HR team for resolution (e.g., C&B for salary increases, or the relevant HRBL where a recruitment request is for a role that has changed in grade or content).
- When asked for advice on something outside the scope of the role, refer the enquirer effectively to the right person in the team.
- Liaise with HR Solutions/HR colleagues in other countries for cross-border transactions
- Understand the organization and people changes in a broader business context
- Apply system and process knowledge enabling transactions and data extraction in all relevant systems
- Examine and identify key trends in ‘in-company' data
- Maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable guidelines and legal requirements
- Report and track on all cases to ensure service levels can be reported and improved.
- Produce reports as defined by the HR Solutions Lead and for projects as needed.
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and MDLZ compliance for HR standards and processes, e.g., data protection, adverse impact analysis, performance management audits, exit interviews etc.
IV. Continuous Improvement/Innovation
- Contribute to identification of areas for delivery improvement and optimization
- Continuously work on improvement of processes and procedures and proactively suggest optimizations
- Support (and possibly co-lead) projects in collaboration with greater HR community
- Operate fully in line with agreed processes and use tracking and recording or recurring issues to escalate items that should be reviewed for continuous improvement
Internal and external contacts:
The HR Coordinator will work closely with the HRBL(s) of the client group of support. This interaction is more of a partnership, and may be as often as daily. HR Coordinators will also work intimately with the management (line, supervisors, etc) of the client group of support. Employees of the client group may also interact with the HR Coordinator.
Know the legal and compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with, or you learn of, an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct.
Part of a team that support a workforce of 22.000 employees across NA
EDUCATION LEVEL: BACHELOR'S DEGREE (4 YR)*
Major:Human Resources, Business, Information Systems or comparable work experience
- General Work Experience 3 years minimum
- Functional Work Experience 2 years minimum
- Operational Excellence: Administer the day-to-day work of managing people processes inside the organization, able to multi-task and manage a fluctuating workload, excellent team working skills, able to work under pressure
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Good oral and written communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Problem solving and judgment
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Apply on company website