Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Major Essential Responsibilities
The Maintenance Mechanic will ensure the efficient and reliable operation of high speed and complex processing and packaging equipment. This includes troubleshooting, problem identification, maintaining, testing, installing and conducting all mechanical repairs on all of the processing and packaging equipment
- Inspection, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of all high-speed machinery in processing and packaging areas.
- Conversion of high-speed packaging machines to take new product format changes.
- Investigate, recommend and execute modifications to improve existing equipment.
- Perform safety inspections, lubricate and make repairs or adjustments on machines when required
- Check machines in operation on a continual basis in order to detect problems; exercise judgement in executing necessary adjustments as required in order to maintain quality control standards.
- Perform minor electrical repairs on machines.
- Work from blueprints and operate machine shop equipment.
- Share questions, learning's and best practices with fellow mechanics in order to contribute to machine efficiency levels and decreasing machine breakdowns and downtime.
- Keep accurate maintenance records and journals.
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering department with regards to machine modifications and the installation of new machinery and production systems.
- Work closely with operating colleagues to ensure that high quality products are produced while maintaining budgeted efficiencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of SOP's and work instructions
- Understand, participate and support all safety programs, policies, and initiatives within the manufacturing location
- Understands and follows Ewen Manufacturing food safety systems and procedures
- Responsible for ensuring all products produced meets all GMP and food safety requirements
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Primary contacts required to fulfill the major responsibilities would include Manufacturing Team Leaders, Inventory, Process control coordinators, Maintenance and Team Lead
- Work normally requires a moderate level of physical effort in bending, lifting, and manual dexterity.
- Work normally requires a high level of mental effort in reading, creating written documentation, meeting deadlines, problem solving, and trouble shooting and repetitive tasks.
- This position occurs in a food manufacturing setting (plant environment).
- Exposure to noise, raw materials, some dust and variable temperatures is common
- The use of personal protective equipment is required, particularly protective footwear and hearing protection as well as hard hats and safety glasses when required
- A college or trade school diploma in a mechanical trade.
- Completion of a recognized apprenticeship and possession of certification in a related mechanical trade.
- 5 year experience as a production or industrial mechanic, preferably in the packaged goods industry.
- Initiative, good communication skills, ability to work as part of a team with little direct supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work various shifts, including alternate shift structures. This includes weekends, nights and holidays.
- Ability to use machine shop equipment such as lathe and milling machine; welding experience preferred.
- Ability to meet physical demands of lifting and maneuvering heavy objects.
- Sound judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literacy, Maximo, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint highly desirable.
- Results-oriented and a strong sense of urgency/focus.
- Lift Truck licence an asset.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.
Apply on company website