Title of the role: Integrated Lean Six Sigma Engineer, Gum & Candy Plant – Borg El ArabFor Ad:
Exciting career opportunity in the Manufacturing function, in the capacity of Integrated Lean Six Sigma Engineer, based in Borg El Arab – Gum & Candy Plant, Alex.
The main purpose of the role is to support all the continuous improvement projects of the section. Permanently seek for the best practices for both internal and external processes via benchmarking as well as tracking common KPIs like e.g. global efficiency, yield, line manning.Main Responsibilities:
- Support Safety Culture & loss management of the whole site through the main tools of loss (identification, Eradication and Prevention) in order to achieve the Compelling Business Needs (CBN) and cost savings in conversion costs.
- Lead supply chain improvement projects inside the plant from a continuous improvement perspective (with high level of Data Integrity/Analysis, Improvement Plans & health check) in coordination with End to End Supply network Pillar
- Support problem solving capability building across the production section and in other pillars such as Supply network & Quality Management pillars using tools such as Root Cause Analysis, Value stream Mapping, SMED, X-Y matrices, statistical process control . Also develop methodology with six sigma mindset, perform training, coaching and assessment, in collaboration with these pillars.
- Support End-to-End Supply Network Pillar in improving warehouses standards and in achieving stock & forecast error reduction targets in the overall supply chain cycle (Plan –Source – Make- Deliver- Return).
- As this job will report in the future to the production line leader, IL6S engineer will coach SGA (Loss Eradication activities) & lead the optimization of Kaizen System to engage 100% of people in Kaizen Activities.
- Coordinate with other pillars to allocate resources to Kobetsu Kaizen (Focused Improvement Project) to address complex losses.
- Track Plant Global Efficiency on a daily bases using different analysis tools an GWF to enhance plant performance
- As a Lean Six Sigma expert, lead Kobetsu Kaizen projects to eliminate complex losses in fields of personnel, facilities, equipment and materials to deliver on the CBN.
- As a key accountable role in FI pillar, own FI work processes at site-wide level (such as Kaizen, productivity cycle, Statistical Process Control Capability building, GB/BB projects etc.).
- Support other pillar teams to achieve their zero loss journey goal.
- Serve as a member of a secondary pillar to support gives and gets and the interdependent pillar structure.
- Assists with the creation of tools and resources for production, business development and production engineers to assist them in identifying, quantifying, prioritizing and monitoring losses within the plant.
- Works with process owners on financial performance of loss elimination plans and assesses and communicates the financial risks/opportunities of these plans on a periodic basis
- Track actual performance against relevant KPI's, production standard and also track direct fixed cost spending
- Supports the Plant Controller in assessing the financial viability of productivity driven projects and focus improvement plans across all lines in the plant
- Check the integrity of plant data in order to produce correct calculation.
- University degree in Engineering is necessary; Mechanical Production/Industrial Engineering is highly preferred.
- 1- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in process improvement methods and tools (DMAIC, RCA, 5W, Kaizen, SMED, VSM)
- Supply Chain/ Lean Six Sigma/TPM mindset is necessary.
- SAP knowledge is preferred
- Able to work in fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal and Written) is required
- Team Player; ability to support and lead to achieve common goals.
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills.
- Problem solving: Proactive and resourceful in solving problems, offering innovative and practical solutions in dynamic environment.
Apply on company website