Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a leading edge science consultancy offering research, analysis, training and consultancy to our clients globally, primarily blue chip food and pharmaceutical companies. We do with passion, integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver enhanced value to our clients.
Not only that but we're supporting our parent company – Mondelēz International – where we operate as the Reading Science Centre. That means we're both agile and autonomous whilst enjoying the development and growth of being connected to the biggest snacking company in the world.
Purpose of the Role
Reading Scientific Services Limited (RSSL) provides a range of scientific analysis, research and consultancy services to the food and pharmaceutical industries and to its parent company, Mondelēz International.
In this role you will contribute towards this by being a Business Development Manager for the Pharmaceutical Sector (Training Operation Team) and growing the business to meet RSSL's financial targets.
In the nominated accounts the role will:
- Deliver sales revenue target through direct and indirect sales to existing and new customers.
- Develop customer management strategies.
- Lead high value opportunities as required.
- Managing existing business and developing new business opportunities with current and new accounts.
- Acting as the principal contact between the client and RSSL Training Operation team in order to achieve sales growth.
- To support development of and cross sell service offerings to a number of strategic accounts.
- Optimize client interaction (calls and meetings) by ‘selling-on' other services to clients, where appropriate.
- Represent RSSL Training at external events (conferences, exhibitions, seminars and industry meetings).
- Support the Heads of Training Department and Commercial Department by providing market information to make decisions, leading to the development and growth of the RSSL Training business.
- Demonstrate RSSL Training courses knowledge to provide service and phone assistance when problem occur in order to maintain current sale and customer satisfaction.
- Track & report competitor activities.
- Have a proven scientific background with recognised qualifications - HND or equivalent qualification.
- Have an understanding of laboratory work and its application to solving customer problems.
- Full UK driving licence.
- High level of interpersonal skills and technical credibility to develop excellent working relationships with both clients and laboratory staff.
- Outgoing proactive approach, energy, drive, enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others.
- Team player, plus ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to interact effectively by telephone, written communication and face-to-face.
- An organised approach, capable of working on several projects at any one time and able to prioritise requests.
- The ability to create solutions to complex scientific and business issues.
- Some experience in customer services and sales.
- Some experience in a relevant market.
- Fluent in English.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/ YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107
Apply on company website