What makes working at Mondelēz International so special?
The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people's faces. We're the world's leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
Purpose of Role:
- Coordinate sampling, analytical, microbiological and sensory testing of products and environment, following the requirements of standards, laws, specifications and customer requirements.
- Ensure that only products whose quality and product safety meet the specification requirements are released. Managing & leading the hold & release process.
- Ensure that analytical certificates comply with the quality requirements of raw materials and packaging material
- Ensure that laboratory work is carried out according to ' Good Laboratory Practice ' (GLP), legal and Company/intra-group requirements, official methods, preventive and corrective measures concerning product, water and air
- Lead and promote employees in the team; responsible that Laboratory staff have the necessary know-how to perform their activities in accordance with quality, safety and environmental protection requirements
- Continuous improvement of processes and organisation
1. Management of the laboratory
- Ensure that laboratory work for the testing of raw materials, semi-finished products as well as equippable material according to ' Good Laboratory Practice ' (GLP), as well as the legal and company/intra-group requirements (methods, equipment including calibration, Ring, GLP) and official methods
- Responsible for measurement results interpretation, recognizing trends and initiating correction measures resp. making decisions about blocking or releasing according to CP Bern guidelines.
- Responsible for incorporating the interfaces and their information.
- Monitoring blocking/releasing activities in SAP
- Responsible for internal guidelines implementation to ensure that sampling plans and analytical methods are observed
- Coordinate and create inspection instructions for process control so that employees can apply them to the line
- Responsible for the fact that the infrastructure/laboratory equipment meets the legal requirements and that these devices are regularly maintained and monitored
- Laboratory-side and technical support for development and improvement projects
- Ensure that laboratory hazardous substances are stored or applied in a safety-appropriate manner
- Responsible for individual leadership and development as well as for team spirit
- Guide, inform and motivate laboratory personnel to exercise their duties properly-according and to perform role models in terms of quality aspects
- Ensures that team members comply with safety regulations
- Ensures regular information to his team through team meetings
- Ensure reliable test and analysis results at the desired time and in the required quality
- Review and evaluate the analysis certificates of all materials
- Responsible for input control of packaging material and conduct of odour and taste tests
- Application and further development of company-specific analytical methods
- Ensure that tastings for products are prepared, performed and documented
- Monitoring of the correct sample survey (according to sampling plan) of all critical raw materials, semi-finished products and finished goods according to MDLZ requirements
- Ensure the duration of the specified blocking for critical raw materials
- Capture and evaluate analysis data, generate statistics and forward it to the manager and the affected
- Monitor the required hygienic parameters such as water and air quality in accordance with the MDLZ and Swiss requirements, to initiate corrective measures
- Ensure that hand hygiene is monitored in the production area
- Initiate improvements to the process organization to use the resources as efficiently as possible
- Participate in working groups MDLZ internally with regard to quality and laboratory aspects
- Create, update, and manage lab documents in the eQCMS (Management Document System)
- Ensure proper planning and monitoring of the department's budget, support planning of investments and preparation of appropriation requests
- Control and manage Laboratory budget in a cost efficient way
- University degree in chemistry or related science studies with practical experience or chemical laboratory assistant with several years of experience in leading an analytical lab
- 3-4 years of experience in the field of food and quality assurance
- Ability to enforce quality, safety and environmental protection requirements
- Able to make decisions independently and to enforce them, strong coordinating skills
- No allergies (cleaning and disinfectants, body protection agents)Advanced expertise in a food lab
- Spoken and written German and English
- Expertise in Microbiology, HACCP, GMP from the food industry
- Very good user knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SAP
- Project management, EVT. Q-Auditing
- Knowledge of Food technology, hygiene technology, chemistry
- IL6S know-how & experience
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills. In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer top attractive social benefits.
Apply on company website