Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. It's time for you to Make It at Mondelēz International.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
The Line Manager reports into the Integrated Business Unit Manager. This position is responsible for the day-to-day manufacturing operations in an assigned department, plus looking for longer-term continuous improvement opportunities. This position is responsible for the 24h production of the assigned area as well as managing the Front Line Leaders on the off shifts and the operational team on his shift. The incumbent will have responsibility to achieve safety, productivity, efficiency, customer service, cost, quality, sanitation and OEE/GE objectives through both individual and team contributions. They will also provide direction, leadership & development to direct reports through empowerment, teamwork, on-the-job assignments and continuous improvement initiatives. This position can manage up to 50 employees and will need to be available to work first, second, third and overtime shifts as needed by the business.
Direct activities of hourly associates in assigned areas to ensure department production goals are met.
Ensure line operations meet established standards, specifications, efficiency and quality requirements to affect favorable production results
Manage and collaborate with the production front line leaders and cross-functional teams on a regular basis concerning production goals and all operation activity
Foster team building & collaboration across functional areas at all levels
Responsible for coaching, counseling and training hourly associates to foster a high performance work team
Maintain employee relations activities including safety, labor relations and grievance response and/or avoidance
Ensure compliance with all company policies, safety guidelines and state and federal regulations
Partner with the master labor planner to understand and optimize staffing needs
Seeks and understand financials about the business and the various trade-offs to control costs end-to-end
Fosters a high performance work systems by learning and teaching Lean concepts, TPM, Six Sigma and/or Integrated Lean and 6S
Manages SAP/LIS on a daily basis for packing employees to ensure each record is accurate for payroll to effectively run.
Strong in labor relations and fluently understands contract labor rules to work well with shop stewards and union leadership.
Responsible for hiring and training hour associates
Challenges the status quo
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Food Science, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with union labor management is strongly preferred.
- Experience in Lean 6S, TPM and/or E2E IL6S strongly desired
- Willingness to work different shifts, including overnights, and weekends.
- SAP experience and user knowledge strongly preferred
- Ability to drive DMS (Daily Management System) processes to the shift level
- Ability to multi task and enjoy a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Strong influential skills and ability to motivate others
- Proven Process Management experience
- Strong leadership and team building skills, including the ability to lead change
- Drive for Results
- Measuring and Managing Work
- Leadership skills
- Comfort level with change
- Ability to lead change
- Demonstrated leadership skills through people development.
- Ability to multi task and enjoy a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Lead with the head and heart
- Building effective teams
- Motivating others
- Influencing and dealing with Ambiguity
- Process Management
Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Apply on company website