Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
This role is responsible for supporting and managing the end to end business development strategy and project management for selected brands within the Biscuit & Confections categories. This role will manage both innovation and productivity related projects for the US, and drive program synergies between programs like CIQ, PPA, War on Waste and Road To Real to optimize the category resources and maximize benefits. The role will interface with cross functional teams at all levels of the organization, including relevant brand stewards in Marketing, R&D, Finance, Quality, as well as relevant technical and execution resources in Engineering and/or field operations. In addition, the role will provide regular updates on progress, project delivery status, financials, supply planning and next steps to project sponsors and key stakeholders as required. Finally, the role will provide guidance in manufacturing sourcing and capacity management, and will support the development of capital approval requests where applicable to drive the overall supply network strategy.
- Lead Commercialization efforts for large complex projects, platform innovation programs while supporting any capital related initiatives. Ensure effective team engagement which may include establishing and managing team meetings. Review project timelines and cost regularly with the project team, facilitate creation of mitigation/contingency plans and manage communication.
- Lead network assessment and asset optimization with business partners. Ensure appropriate capacity for new business initiatives and growth plans across product life cycle. Develop and recommend alternatives as needed.
- Provide updates to leadership, project sponsors and stakeholders as needed on key initiatives, including progress against deliverables, cost management, next steps and needs from sponsors to alleviate hurdles. Escalate concerns and issues, report project fact base, define options/trade-offs, and provide team recommendation that can be used in such forums as Supply Review, PMR, MBR or MOR.
- Lead internal feasibility assessment during IC stage gate and business case to support business team's commercialization plans; define network capability (capacity/technology) and capital associated with developing such capability. Identify impact across the supply chain with regard to cost of goods sold e.g. route to market, capacity utilization, DIOH, manufacturing efficiency, quality, safety. Lead AR development.
- Manage and deliver assigned financial targets, to include the delivery of capital projects, trial activity and start-up expenses while leading resource & funding prioritization. Drive development of COGS, ensure alignment between category team and operations. Engage and support productivity agenda to deliver cost reduction targets.
- Provide leadership for the PCM organization and Plant BD's, represent Commercialization and Business Development to business partners as directed.
- Support Business and Manufacturing Systems initiatives as required, (e.g. SAP), and support the continuous improvement of the commercialization process through collaboration with key stakeholders and best practice sharing.
Internal and external contacts
- Brand Management (VP, Director, Manager, Sr. Associate Manager, Associate Manager)
- Product & Process Research & Development (Director, Group Leader, Principle Engineers, Scientist)
- Package Research & Development (Director, Group Leader, Principle Engineers, Scientist)
- Product Supply(Strategy Director, Supply Director, Sr. Supply Manager, National Production Planner)
- Corporate Finance (Manufacturing, Brand, Capital, etc.)
- Plant Operations (Plant or Manufacturing Manager, Controller, Business Unit Manager, Business Development Manager, Engineering, etc.)
- Bachelor Degree 4 years (Major in Engineering, Operations Management, Food Science, Chemistry, Packaging Engineering or other related field).
- MBA preferred
- Project management in consumer products: 3 years min
- Engineering, production or research & development: 5 years min
- Basic marketing/finance/product supply/procurement principles: preferred
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Apply on company website