Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.The role works closely with Marketing, Customer Development and the Supply Chain/ Manufacturing network to ensure that the business goals are achieved at minimum cost & complexity following appropriate processes. The role ensures that Insights are translated effectively during the development for all packs to meet the businesses in-market quality strategies versus competition from a consumer quality and marketing claims perspective, as well as competitive advantage. In this regard, it is intended that the job holder creates an optimum working relationship with the Global packaging team.
A qualified individual is required who possesses:
- Good technical understanding of Packaging - Strong leadership skills, - Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage risks - Creative approach to problem solving. - Previous experience in FMCG and Food category
Strong communication skills, insightful technical and business judgment, and pro-active behaviours are critical to success as are people management/ development skills.
The job holder must be able to rapidly build an extensive network within RDQi, Marketing/ Procurement/ Operations and externally at Suppliers. Strong stakeholder management as well as an ability to switch between big picture and detail will be essential.
Whilst ca. 30% travel has been estimated, it is expected that this role must drive hard to utilize alternative methods/ technologies for communication/ collaboration given increasingly reduced travel budgets. Some of the key accountabilities for this role will include (but are not limited to) Category & Customer Growth
- The position is accountable for the delivery of significant Innovation programmes for the Category ensuring all formats, specifications and their performance are adding value to the top and bottom line at minimum cost and complexity. This will require a fundamentally holistic approach across the business and this role will need to join up key partner functions.
- The position will ensure consumer relevant quality parameters are available, applied to programs with measures for success via consumer research and/ or stakeholder reviews.
- The position is responsible to support the drive for packaging simplification in materials, formats and manufacturing processes. This requires working in close collaboration with the Category Teams, Brand Value & Margin Enhancement as well as Supply Chain (Engineering/ Manufacturing/ Procurement/ Logistics).
- The position will ensure individuals receive technical and professional development through having actionable personal development plans and career roadmaps.
- The position ensures that the organisation has the appropriate resources, skills and experience to carry out their project role and apply best practice across the category.
- The position provides recommendation on the program priorities and resource commitments for the AMEA Meals business as input to the AMEA Meals pre-MOR to get final x-functional agreement. The MOR is accountable for the alignment of the programs and resources against the Category Strategy to deliver the business results.
- Responsible to ensure that the category has strong relationships to access external technology and to work closely with Procurement to leverage Open Innovation/ Supplier Capabilities.
Do you have what it takes? Knowledge
- Scientific/Technical/Engineering degree or equivalent dedicated packaging qualification
- Good understanding of the business environment and supply chain
- In-depth understanding of program/project management
- Drive for results
- Technical learning
- Time management
- Integrity & trust
- Interpersonal savvy
- Peer relationships
- Problem solving
- Action orientated
- Practical experience with a range of packaging materials, processes and manufacturing methods
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in FMCG, food category
Apply on company website