Pharmaceutical Technical Lead – Wet Chemistry
Brand: Reading Scientific Services
Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and food sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we've been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
About the team
Pharmaceutical Wet Chemistry is a pivotal team in RSSL: with exponentially increasing client demand, it's our biggest area of expansion growing 30% from September 2018 to September 2019. Joining this team will allow you to do truly vital work analysing the raw materials that go into medicines, so they can reach patients that need them.
Purpose of the role
The Wet Chemistry Technical Lead acts as one of RSSL's foremost subject matter experts in this field of chemistry, utilising a depth of knowledge gained from extensive industry experience to direct technical strategy within the RSSL Pharmaceutical Chemistry laboratory. The position is designed to focus entirely on technical expertise in lieu of people management responsibility and is one of the most senior members of the team. Therefore, it reports directly into the Pharmaceutical Chemistry Section Manager.
You'll ensure routine and complex pharmaceutical projects are performed promptly and to GMP standards, leading practical bench-work and data checking for routine analyses of pharmaceutical raw materials and method verification using wet chemistry techniques in accordance with pharmacopoeia or client methods.
- Direct technical strategy within pharmaceutical wet chemistry.
- Lead the problem-solving of complex wet chemistry challenges.
- Independently perform complex analysis using wet chemistry techniques, design study protocols and maintenance and troubleshoot lab equipment.
- Provide technical direction to the business, through collaboration with other technical leads.
- Supervise staff in routine activities and methods.
- Ensure effective organisation, integrity of analytical data and provision of results.
- Perform data checking and provide interpretation of results for routine testing.
- Generate certificate analysis or external interpretive reports.
Communication and Influence
- Liaise with clients, commercial and line management to ensure effective communication of project proposals and results.
- Provide expert advice and lead client and stake holders meetings.
- Deliver external presentations of data and internal presentations to senior technical stakeholders.
- Contribute to technical strategies & influence senior management.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- Complete assigned quality actions in a timely manner, including the review and approval or thorough investigation of atypical / OOS results.
- Write and approve SOPs and Test Methods.
- Generation and approval of Risk Assessments and COSHH.
- Understand and provide technical regulatory leadership in client audits.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Understand, work to and champion best practice in the requirements of GMP.
- Ensure training records are accurate.
- Educated to a high level in Chemistry, to minimum of degree level or equivalent.
- Extensive experience of working in a wet chemistry laboratory.
- Experience utilising wet chemistry expertise to guide overall technical strategy for a laboratory or wider business.
- Proven ability to resolve complex wet chemistry challenges.
- Project management and planning skills.
- Extensive knowledge of GMP systems.
- Technical credibility to develop good working relationships with internal and external clients and to be the
- English fluency.
- Experience of working with a CRO.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful international business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107
Apply on company website