Mondelez International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Engineering is where your brilliant ideas can become a delicious reality. You'll develop the highly technical processes and competitive-advantaged assets behind every product we make, whether it's an imaginative chocolate bar triangle like Toblerone, an irresistible breakfast snack like belVita or some wonderful new treat we haven't even thought of yet.
Position Purpose Statement
• The role is responsible for planning and execution of projects for the plant including capex and cash flow management.
• Project development and execution will apply the Innovation Initiative Management (IIM) / Commissioning, Qualification, Verification (CQV) process and in parallel ensure compliance with safety, quality and environmental requirements.
• This role will work together with the site engineering manager in order to develop the site master plans (facility and asset long-rang plans), drive the technical agenda towards 85% Global Line Efficiency and for new lines 100% Vertical Start-up as well as leading the development and execution of new initiatives in line with the site master plan.
• The role supports global and regional engineering platforms working towards standardized line designs as well as promoting ‘Integrated Lean 6 Sigma (IL6S)' cultural change throughout the organization through functional capability building and driving/applying IL6S work processes.
• As part of the IL6S implementation the role supports the ‘Innovation Initiative Pillar (IIM)' implementation in the site. IIM is one of eleven pillars of IL6S being responsible for Vertical Start Up management and Technical Readiness in all initiatives.
• Develop and execute capital projects that will:
o Enable growth, innovation and efficiency and promote the roll out of a high-performance work environment
o Enable productivity
o Improve infrastructure
o Streamlining the plant
o Implement best in class technology and capability (benchmarking conversion costs and technology platforms).
• Creation of flexibility and capability with focus on zero losses and 100% engagement
o Initiate step change productivity planning leveraging technology and asset through translation of loss analysis into initiatives filling the funnel for the plants profit sustaining and enhancing project portfolio.
o Support site /cluster engineering manager on developing and rolling out of standards in cooperation with the regional/global engineering organization. As such drive competitive advantaged cost structures.
o Development and roll out of break through ideas in close cooperation with cross-functional partners on site and regional level including Research Development & Quality, Procurement and related functions to support strategies
• Responsible for plant capital projects in accordance with the plants Compelling Business Need (CBN) including safety, service, cash flow, productivity and growth targets.
o Lead cross functional project development and coordination
o Lead multi – functional teams and task forces of technical functions to drive world class efficiency and safety
o Lead projects towards Vertical Start Up (VSU) (lead through project life cycle with zero loss mentality when it comes to safety, quality and efficiency as well as 100% engagement)
o Coordination of manufacturing, engineering and supply chain resources to ensure successful execution of all deliverables of project management (safety, cash flow, etc.)
o OEM relationship management on project and initiative basis
• Deliver equipment designs according to IL6S requirements (AM step3, PM step 2)
o Use Integrated Lean 6 Sigma tools and practices and ensure Early Management process steps are in place.
o Coordinate and facilitate change management processes within the global engineering community to drive standards linking with technology platforms. Maintain the Maintenance Prevention Database.
• Build capability on site level required to ensure Vertical Start up:
o Support the implementation of the IIM Pillar together with the Site/Cluster Engineering Manager through building pillar capability and governance as a first and project team capabilities as a second step.
o Ensure and manage the competence and skills development for asset hand-over and care (part of Technology transfer and training of new initiatives)
• New Product Launch and Modification
o Lead technical assessments, capability studies and capital execution for new product launches and modification in cooperation with key partners namely Business Development, Research and Development, Procurement
o Lead breakthrough thinking bringing new ideas and possibilities. Lead or co-lead new equipment and/or process development
o Support harmonization of manufacturing processes and de-complexity of product portfolio working with Business Development partners
• Customer / Consumer focus & service
o Execute the technical agenda developed from business and consumer needs, transforming business needs into realizable propositions
o Develop technical proposals to enhance line capability with target to ensure optimal utilization of plant capacities, while fulfilling strategic plans
o Internal customer focus driving the Maintenance Prevention (MP) process for ongoing improvement of standards and 100% engagement
• People Leadership
o Leads teams and ensure individual people development and guidance
o Ensures adequate training for pillar and team members
o Communicates plans and information to staff and follow through on all commitments
o Accountable for teams' performance management, discipline and development
Required: • Accredited University Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial engineering or equivalent. • Professional Engineer or Engineer in Training status licensed to practice engineering in Ontario, Canada. • 8+ years of Project Management experience, Proven Multiple Large Project Management skills (Projects over $1 million USD) • Proven ability to manage ambiguity and interpret large amounts of information and draw conclusions that support project scoping and execution. • Fluency with computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, project management software and ERP systems (e.g. SAP). • Good Communication skills. Excellent spoken and written English proficiency required • Prior experience (3+ years) within CPG manufacturing • Ability to work across multiple locations within the GTHA region. Desired
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies and proven integration of these methodologies within capital project management.
- Direct work experience in other areas of CPG manufacturing management (operations / maintenance / quality / safety)
- Good knowledge of confectionery and snacks technology and suppliers of respective equipment
- Experience working across multiple countries and regions
Apply on company website