What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. We're the world's leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo.
Mondelēz International's Reading Science Centre provides unique opportunities in the provision of scientific analysis, research, consultancy and training to its parent company and the wider food and pharmaceutical sectors. Operating as Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL), we apply leading-edge science with integrity and service to exceed expectations and deliver greater value to our clients.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Scientist I - Metals. This role focuses on the analysis of products using techniques such as Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS), Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectroscopy (ICP-OES) and Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS).
- Perform a range of routine analysis using ICP-MS, ICP-OES and AAS under minimal supervision of a senior member of staff.
- Method validation following protocols, basic maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
- Transcription checking for factual data (e.g. reagents) and review non GMP projects on LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System).
- Be proficient in the use of generic and specific software packages required for the role: Laboratory's LIMS system, Q-Pulse.
- Provide training in routine activities and methods, supervise and train junior members of the team as required and ensure training records are accurate.
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate Control Of Substances to Health Regulations (COSHH), risk assessments and Standard Operating Procedures are are understood and followed.
- Understand and work to the requirements of GMP and UKAS maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Educated to Degree in a relevant scientific discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a laboratory.
- Sound understanding of basic lab equipment and metals techniques e.g. ICP-MS, ICP-OES and AAS.
- Practical experience in sample preparation (e.g. ashing, microwave digestion, hotplate digestion) and analysis using ICP-MS, ICP-OES and AAS.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment (preferred).
- English fluency (written and spoken).
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
Please be aware that this role may require handling of materials that may contain chemicals, solvents and allergens, and the appropriate protective wear will be supplied.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107
Apply on company website