Brand: Reading Scientific Services
Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge Contract Research Organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food and pharmaceutical sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 60 countries.
In 2019, we've been recognised as Enlightened Employer, Women in Business and Thames Valley Tech finalists.
Enriched by our parent company Mondelēz International, our diverse team includes 23 nationalities from 300 members, creating a family feel as we strive towards our mission of “Science Enhancing Lives”.
Have you got either Ion Chromatography or Amino Acid Analyser experience? Would you like to work on a new venture with an expanding business?
To provide even more excellence to our clients, we have acquired a brand new Amino Acid Analyser linked to an Ion Chromatography machine. This Experienced Scientist position will manage the day-to-day running of this equipment and provide support in our new business venture as we provide ninhydrin-positive substance testing to GMP and pharmacopeia standards for a wide range of RSSL clients.
We're looking for a driven chemist who has strong industry experience in at least one of the relevant areas to take on the exciting challenge of spearheading this project.
Purpose of the role:
This Experienced Scientist undertakes a practical role with supervisory responsibilities within the Functional Ingredients laboratory and plays a key role in client contact for projects in their area.
They ensure that projects are performed and supervised effectively and within agreed timescales, focusing on routine and investigative analyses of products, method development and validations primarily within Amino Acid Analyser and Ion Chromatography. It will train junior members of the team as required.
- Perform a range of routine and investigative analysis using Ion Chromatography and the Amino Acid Analyser independently.
- Perform method development, transfers and design validation protocols with support.
- Ensure effective organisation of assigned workload, integrity of analytical data generated and timely/accurate provision of results.
- Maintain of the Ion Chromatography and Amino Acid Analyser systems
- Provide interpretation of results generated.
- Assist with technical aspects for client proposals for method development, transfers and validation protocols.
- Independently utilise instrument software such as Chromeleon, OpenLab and MassLynx.
- Provide training and supervise junior staff in routine activities and methods.
- Perform data checking, provide interpretation of results and generate certificates of analysis for routine testing.
- Participate and present in client and stakeholder meetings
- Manage small projects or defined areas of larger projects.
- Plan own workload and plan routine projects for junior staff
- Work to the highest standards of safety and quality by ensuring that appropriate COSHHs, risk assessments and SOPs are understood and followed.
- To complete assigned quality actions in a timely manner, including review and approval and thoroughly investigate atypical / OOS results.
- Write and approve SOPs and Test Methods.
- Generation and approval of Risk Assessments and COSHH.
- Understand and provide technical regulatory leadership in client audits.
- To maintain a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- To understand and work to the requirements of GMP.
- Ensure training records are accurate.
- Experience of independently utilising either Amino Acid Analyser or Ion Chromatography in any laboratory setting, or experience of similar analytical techniques in a pharmaceutical laboratory setting.
- Technical credibility to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Experience of working in a regulated laboratory environment.
- Learning agility and enthusiasm to pick up relevant knowledge.
- Commercial mindset and the desire to use it in support of the new Amino Acid Analyser service.
- English fluency (written and spoken)
- Experience of working with a CRO.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Understanding of GMP and pharmacopeial methods.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful international business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.
RSSL website: https://www.rssl.com/
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RSSLServices
LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/107107
Apply on company website