Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 80,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way. It's time for you to Make It with Mondelēz International.
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.
We currently have one opening for a Shipping Lead Hand in the supply chain organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for effectively leading the receiving, raw and packaging material handling, palletizer, shipping, and transportation processes within the assigned shift. Successful candidate may be required to work overtime depending on production requirements.
- Provide effective leadership, coaching, and capability building within the shift while ensuring a respectful work environment
- Ensure that the colleagues in all areas under supervision are properly completing all the required inspections for the power industrial vehicles, pallet lift, ramps, loading doors, power chocks, and palletizer equipment and that follow ups are properly addressed and reported in the correct systems within the shift
- Ensure that any unsafe event or condition is properly addressed and reported as per our safety policies
- Ensure an effective shipping operation where the loading schedule is managed properly to meet customer requirements while complying to the safety, quality, and internal controls requirement within the shift
- Ensure an effective communication with the various transportation carriers and shunting service so that the trailers are properly switched in a timely manner with no business interruption within the shift
- Ensure that the receiving process of raw and packaging materials is being completed in a timely manner and in compliance to the safety, quality, and internal controls requirements within the shift
- Ensure that proper staging and back-staging of raw and packaging materials is being completed in a timely manner, by following FEFO, and in compliance to the safety, quality, and internal controls requirements within the shift
- Ensure that the proper verification of raw and packaging materials is being completed when the lines communicate a potential material shortage
- Ensure that the palletizer system is operating effectively and that issues are being addressed to root cause with the help of the technical support and operations teams
- Ensure that proper housekeeping, 5S, and PIC/PEC is maintained and completed in the receiving area, warehouse, staging locations, palletizer, and shipping within the shift
- Ensure that timecards are properly approved in a timely manner and that the shift is operating with the proper amount of colleagues
- Ensure that the team meetings and shift reports are effectively completed and communicated as per the standards of integrated lean six sigma (IL6S)
- Perform as acting Area Leader – Shipping and Receiving in his/her absence
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have at least a high school certificate. Preferable a bachelor's degree.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience leading teams in a high-performance manufacturing/warehousing setting
- Must have a valid license for either a Walkie Rider, Reach and/or Counterbalance
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience operating a powered pallet truck
- Must have a demonstrated approach to troubleshoot issues to root cause
- Must have a strong set of communication, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Must be able to read and comprehend different types of written documents in English
- Must be able to perform various transactions in SAP to properly complete all the required duties
- Must be physically agile and able to move with manual dexterity in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a good team player attitude and willingness to learn
- Must have a proven ability to work under pressure
- Must have a working knowledge of various safety systems or programs; a demonstrated ability to work in a safe competent manner, and follow all GMP guidelines
- Must be a strong performer who demonstrates reliability, an excellent attendance record, strong self-directed individual and group work ethic.
If you are applying to a position in Canada, accommodations for applicants with disabilities or other grounds protected by human rights legislation are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the employment selection process. For all internal and external applicants who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process please contact 847-943-5460 for assistance/support. Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.
Apply on company website