Posted Date: Sep 13, 2019
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.Job Summary
As a Retail Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the Director of Food and Nutrition Services in the overall success of the food service operation. This includes adhering to the client's culture and guidelines, the Health Department's regulations, and company's standards, policies, and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. This position also motivates, trains, develops, and directs all employees to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers and client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day food service operation.
- Plans and supervises special functions, maintains cash controls and payroll records, and oversees the hiring of frontline team members.
- Directs and trains staff to provide scheduled retail services.
- Completes all daily, weekly, or monthly reports.
- Implements and maintains cash handling standards to eliminate theft of services or company funds.
- Implements and promotes green initiatives.
- Ensures all QA and sanitation standards are maintained on a daily basis.
- Contributes to the development of the web site and update social media with new programs/promotions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years of retail operational food service management experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Retail marketing experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, marketing and presentation.
- Experience with cash retail operations.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- ServSafe Certification is preferred.
- Associate's degree is preferred.
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 318304
CHRISTINA M STEWART
Apply on company website