The Mount Sinai Health System seeks a Senior Medical Director, Physician Engagement and Clinical Integration, Community Practices!
Mount Sinai is one of the largest U.S. health systems with a strong reputation for quality of care and research/education. We have ~40,000 employees working together to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care each year for millions of patients.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health management our goal is to keep entire communities healthy and out of the hospital. Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the team driving this transformation within Mount Sinai. The team includes 400+ employees with clinical, contracting, finance, IT, analytics, operations, and product development expertise.
MSHP is a fast growing business unit within Mount Sinai and is looking for team members who are comfortable playing up and playing down as needed to accomplish business objectives:
Work productively amidst ambiguity
Thrive in fast-paced work environments
Seek to improve the status quo
MSHP seeks a Senior Medical Director (MD, DO), Physician Engagement and Clinical Integration, Community Practices who will be responsible for driving key population health goals including access, quality, utilization and accurate risk adjustment with our community practices. Preferable to maintain a 0.5-1 day of clinical practice (preferably in adult primary care).
This Senior Medical Director must be effective at influencing community physicians and providers, administrative leadership in community practices, and other key practice staff to drive value based care success. He/she will support the establishing and hardwiring processes to drive excellence in efficiency of care, quality and accurate risk adjustment for all populations served, especially our patients covered under a Medicare arrangement (Medicare Advantage and MSSP). This MD will report to Chief Medical Officer, Population Health at Mount Sinai Health System.
- Proactive and effective influencer for community primary care and select specialty (medical subspecialties and a few others) clinical and administrative leadership throughout MS Clinically Integration Network (CIN) to drive VBC performance.
- Establish a peer level credibility with physicians and medical directors across Mount Sinai CIN.
- Develop productive working relationships with practice managers/directors and other practice administrative staff.
- Lead and continue to develop a group of experienced Population Health Managers and Population Health Specialists.
- Respond to provider/administrator/practice requests for (but not limited to):
- Value based care input on leading practices for measure success
- Key concepts (accurate risk adjustment)
- And, as needed, administrative and business concerns (often with the population health manager or specialists).
- Design, prepare and lead Town Halls with often > 100 community practice physicians/administrative staff
- Present and facilitate pod and practice population health meetings.
- Honed skills in management and leadership of key relationships and strategic initiatives.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Compensation range from 250K-300K (when scaled to 1 FTE) (not including bonuses / incentive compensation or benefits)
Candidate Education, Experience and Skills Requirements and Preferences Candidate Requirements:
MD or DO degree, Internal medicine, Family medicine or Geriatrics strong preferred, board certification required.
Establish a peer level credibility with primary care and multispecialty clinical and administrative leadership
Experience and passion for primary care excellence is required
Demonstrated experience in successfully driving population health initiatives
Demonstrated ability to see the forest, leaves and trees at same time and move initiatives forward
Accomplishment in rapidly establishing clinical, population health and operational credibility with key practice stakeholders
Excellent listener and communicator. Able to communicate briefly, when needed, but effectively.
Responsive to provider/administrator/practice ad hoc requests
Candidate Strong Preferences:
- Superior work ethic and persistence to achieve challenging goals
- Organized and accountable meticulous and detail-oriented; consistently meets timelines and objectives.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Flexible team player able to collaborate well with diverse set of team members. Participate and promote clinical and interdisciplinary team member collaboration to common goals.
- Experience in clinical transformation: developing and implementing quality programs, care pathways, clinical guidelines and best clinical and operational practices in primary care
- Track record of a skillful presenter and influencer
Salary Disclosure Information:
Mount Sinai Health System provides a salary range to comply with the New York City law on Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements. Actual salaries depend on a variety of factors, including experience, specialties, historical productivity, historical collections, and hospital/community need. As such, an actual salary may fall closer to one or the other end of the range, and in certain circumstances, may wind up being outside of the listed salary range. The salary range listed is for full-time employment and does not include bonuses / incentive compensation or benefits.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest academic medical system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai advances medicine and health through unrivaled education and translational research and discovery to deliver care that is the safest, highest-quality, most accessible and equitable, and the best value of any health system in the nation.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System
Apply on company website