The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking a Senior Medical Director to lead its multi-specialty practices in Westchester!
The practices are located in diverse communities with access to great public, private, and parochial schools. Westchester offers beautiful neighborhoods and a wonderful quality of life. Mount Sinai Doctors Westchester offers comprehensive care where patients can see a variety of specialties including cardiology, neurology, gastroenterology, orthopedics, pain management, allergy, urology, radiology, and podiatry. Additionally, the site has a full Endoscopy suite, comprehensive support team, including medical assistants, RNs and techs (lab, echo, radiology).
The Senior Medical Director will play an instrumental role in ensuring excellent patient care, quality outcomes, and patient satisfaction. The successful candidate will lead by example, actively participating in patient care and bringing out the best in his/her colleagues. In addition, we would like our talented physician candidates to have a passion for growing a multi-specialty practice and be fully committed to mission of Mount Sinai Health System.
- Provide care to a panel of patients who live and or work in the Westchester area (60% clinical 40% Administrative)
- Lead by example, sets high personal and professional standards, serves as positive change agent, and brings out best in colleagues
- Applicant may be a Primary Care Provider, or a specialist with a strong interest in leadership
- Lead quality assurance and quality improvement activities for the practice in order to continuously raise the standard of care
- Oversee clinical operations - maintain optimal patient flow and provider access
- Develops strategic recommendations in partnership with practice and Network leadership
- Ensure strong connectivity to overall health system and good working relationship with Departmental Leadership
- Identify clinical staffing needs and assist with recruitment
- Ensure appropriate physician behavior, competence, and fitness for duty
- Address issues related to patient complaints and grievances
- Risk management
- Develop, implement and monitor protocols, processes and metrics to meet goals of the practice and health system
- Schedule regular meetings with physicians in the practice to address performance
- Work with Administration and Clinical Leadership to grow the practice
- Regularly present performance metrics and active initiatives to improve performance to Hospital leadership
- Medical Degree from an Accredited University
- New York State Medical License
- Board Certification in Primary Care or Sub-specialty area of expertise
- Prior Medical Practice leadership experience
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York Citys largest integrated delivery system encompassing eight hospital campuses, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinais vision is to produce the safest care, the highest quality, the highest satisfaction, the best access and the best value of any health system in the nation.
About the Mount Sinai Health System:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City's largest academic medical system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. Mount Sinai advances medicine and health through unrivaled education and translational research and discovery to deliver care that is the safest, highest-quality, most accessible and equitable, and the best value of any health system in the nation. The Health System includes approximately 7,300 primary and specialty care physicians; 13 joint-venture ambulatory surgery centers; more than 415 ambulatory practices throughout the five boroughs of New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and Florida; and more than 30 affiliated community health centers. The Mount Sinai Hospital is ranked on U.S. News & World Report's "Honor Roll" of the top 20 U.S. hospitals and is top in the nation by specialty: No. 1 in Geriatrics and top 20 in Cardiology/Heart Surgery, Diabetes/Endocrinology, Gastroenterology/GI Surgery, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, ENT, Pulmonology/Lung Surgery, Rehabilitation, and Urology. New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai is ranked No. 12 in Ophthalmology. Mount Sinai Kravis Children's Hospital is ranked in U.S. News & World Reports Best Childrens Hospitals among the countrys best in four out of 10 pediatric specialties. The Icahn School of Medicine is one of three medical schools that have earned distinction by multiple indicators: ranked in the top 20 by U.S. News & World Report's "Best Medical Schools," aligned with a U.S. News & World Report "Honor Roll" Hospital, and No. 14 in the nation for National Institutes of Health funding. Newsweeks The Worlds Best Smart Hospitals ranks The Mount Sinai Hospital as No. 1 in New York and in the top five globally, and Mount Sinai Morningside in the top 20 globally. For more information, visit https://www.mountsinai.org or find Mount Sinai on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Please specify Job Title of interest and send CV with Cover Letter to:
Executive Director Physician Recruitment
Mount Sinai Health System
Apply on company website