Please reference the schedule and minimum qualifications listed below before applying.
If you need assistance with filling out our application form or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify our Human Resources Team at 801-366-6947 option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.Job Summary Underwrites, gathers and verifies all necessary information provided by the Mortgage Loan Officer in compliance with credit union policies, procedures and NCUA/CFPB regulations. Accurately analyzes lending reports and make recommendations on improving lending practices. Runs Loan Quality Initiative and prepares for closing. Job Description
7167 S Center Park Drive
West Jordan, UT 84084
To be effective, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty successfully.
- Demonstrates strong analytical abilities when running and analyzing automated underwriting systems for Freddie MAC and Fannie Mae (LP and DU). Also strong communication skills when approving and denying Secondary Market purchases and mortgage refinancing requests and recommending approval and denials up to $750K.
- Provides strong expertise in Secondary Market, CFPB, NCUA regulations regarding Ability to Repay, TRID, Fair Lending.
- Provides thorough understanding of MACU portfolio programs as well as secondary market guidelines for external investors (learning over 60+ different programs, their processes and guidelines).
- Calculates and verifies income and employment in accordance with CFPB “Ability to Repay” regulations and MACU guidelines.
- Evaluates and analyzes borrower's credit reports
- Calculates income from personal and business tax returns in accordance with secondary market guidelines and CFPB Ability to Repay (ATR) regulations.
- Evaluates appraisals for accuracy, addresses any concerns regarding comparables with appraiser
- Provides analysis of title reports, eliminating any risks for junior liens, addressing any shared well, egress issues, ensuring MACU has first position on all title work
- Reorders and evaluates any verification of deposits, employment verifications, tax transcripts, subordinations and assess any concerns – through LQI
- Understands Secondary Market, NCUA, CFPB TRID/Real Estate mandated disclosures and their proper distribution in accordance with rules and regulations, as well as the impacts those have to the regulations have on loan decisioning, loan timing, loan closing, borrower access to funds, etc.
- Resolves a range of complicated issues with a high degree of interpersonal skills when working with loan officers, borrowers, Sr. Underwriters and closers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1 - 3 years of similar or work related experience
Four year college degree or equivalent in job related history.
Licenses, Certificates, Registrations
Must be able to qualify for an NMLS number under S.A.F.E Act
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Knowledge of real estate lending, Credit Union policies/procedures, compliance, and lending regulations. Must have excellent customer service, leadership, communication, organizational and analysis skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees, members, or clients.
Computer/Office Equipment Skills
Intermediate to Advanced skills in the following: Adding machine/10-Key, computer operating skills (windows navigation, mouse/keyboard functionality), Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite. Must have the ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute.
Maintains confidentiality with others since information involves complex, detailed and often sensitive topics.
Develops and maintains quality time frames and management of pipeline to achieve and meet required REPC purchase contracts. Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires Frequent Standing, Walking, Sitting, Using hands to handle or feel, Reaching with hands and arms, Talks and hears. Occasionally climbs, kneels or crawls.
Requires Close, Distance, Peripheral and Depth perception vision as well as the ability to focus.
Weight Lifted or Force Exerted
Frequently lifts up to 10 lbs, occasionally lifts up to 25 pounds and rarely lifts up to 100 pounds.
Office Type conditions, indoors.
Moderate Noise such as in a business office with equipment and light traffic.
Mountain America Credit Union is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
Apply on company website