Research Specialist - Neurobehavioral Sciences - Infusion
About MPI Research:
MPI Research, with global headquarters in Mattawan, Michigan, provides discovery, safety evaluation, bioanalytical, and analytical services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. Scientific knowledge and experience, integrity, trust, teamwork, and dedication to strong and enduring Sponsor relationships are the defining attributes that characterize MPI Research as a high-performance, high-quality organization that is committed to bringing safer and more effective products to the world. Learn more about how we can exceed your expectations at www.mpiresearch.com.
A Research Specialist is responsible for: administering substances to animals using advanced
techniques, performing husbandry duties, including cleaning/transporting caging and providing
food and water; conducting protocol specific and unique procedures to evaluate physiology and
behaviors of animals; collecting and handling data and specimens from multiple species using
advanced techniques; euthanizing animals and assisting veterinarians, management, and other
company personnel with animal care, study-related tasks, and managing technology/process
· Provides information to veterinarians that is required to maintain the health and well-being of animals; assists with treatments; and performs pneumothorax punctures for exsanguination or performs gross necropsies as needed.
· Performs animal husbandry duties.
· Acts as technical lead on study work and subject-matter expert (SME) on specialized procedures, including consulting with Study Directors (SDs) and Sponsors and providing tours; trains and mentors less experienced techs; provides backup for Supervisor, such as providing oversight of study schedule and providing leadership for the team performing the work.
· Contributes to and provides leadership for process improvements and corporate initiatives; may assist with development of procedures and new techniques and conduct of pilot studies; and assists supervisor with special projects.
· Reviews data, including entering data into Quality Assurance Audit Database (QAAD) and conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) procedures that may be related to, but not limited to: clinical observations, dosing animals, and specimen collection using advanced techniques, such as expired air, semen, etc.
· Executes procedures on animals using advanced techniques, may include: dosing, such as intravenous (IV); specimen collection, and euthanasia; and conducting unique evaluations, such as the Functional Operational Battery (FOB), the Environmental Protection Agency Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT), or an electrocardiogram (ECG).
· Sets up and prepares for studies in Provantis; sets up Admin. Books; reviews draft protocols; and interprets protocols with Study Directors.
· Other duties as assigned.
· HS/GED with 4 or more years of relevant experience and ALAT certification preferred; contract research organization experience required.
· Bachelor's/Master's degree in a related field with 2 to 4 years of relevant experience and ALAT certification preferred; contract research organization experience required.
· Demonstrates proficiency in techniques commensurate with the requirements of the job.
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
· Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
· Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Benefits at a Glance:
· MPI Research provides the following competitive benefits:
· Two choices of medical coverage, including prescription drug and vision coverage
· Two choices of dental coverage
· Medical and dependent pre-tax flexible spending accounts
· Paid time off bank and holidays
· Retirement savings plan – 401K plan with company matching on employee contributions
· Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Employee assistance program
· Employees at MPI Research also are given the opportunity to participate in company-sponsored events, wellness programs, self-directed work teams and open communications programs such as the All Employee Survey.
MPI Research is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Apply on company website