When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 8 characters, 1 upper case letter, 1 number and 1 special character. Please make sure your name is formatted correctly and not in all uppercase. Check It Out!
Ready to be a Cooper too? This might just be right up your alley!
We're here to keep the dream of home ownership alive. Oh, and while we're at it, we're determined to change the lending industry itself. It's simple, but it won't be easy. And we'll need a great team behind us. (That's where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren't just good values. They're good business. Working here isn't for people who want to punch a clock. It's for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Come join us. And make a difference instead of just a living.
The Risk and Compliance Testing department supports Mr. Cooper with testing and monitoring processes and programs independent of the business line to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements. This position is responsible for performing quality control on TILA-RESPA fee tolerance reviews to ensure accuracy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform accurate and timely QC to meet end of month deadlines with strict SLAs.
- Assist the lines of business with root cause analysis as needed
- Perform ad hoc special audit requests and research projects for internal parties including but not limited to ensuring compliance with TILA-RESPA requirements.
- Stay informed of process updates within the Lines of Business that affect testing and controls performed by Risk and Compliance Testing.
- Other duties as assigned
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES
- Detailed Oriented
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Effective Time Management Skills
- Strong Communications Skills and Grammar
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience in the Mortgage Origination process with knowledge of TILA, RESPA, and TRID disclosures, specifically fee tolerance requirements
- Advanced Excel skills (formulas, Vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- 4-year bachelor's degree
Mr. Cooper is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.
Job Requisition ID:015718
Job Category:Corporate Compliance
Primary Location City:Lewisville
Primary Location Region:Texas
Primary Location Postal Code:75067
Primary Location Country:United States of America
Posting Organization:Mr. Cooper
Line of Business:Credit/Risk
Additional Posting Location(s):
Apply on company website