Build a better career with MSC.
On Forbes List of ‘Best American Employers'
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., North America's leading distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
MSC is growing—and going—strong. We seek a team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment to manually select product for orders and prepare for shipment, and transport pallets on motorized pallet jacks throughout our Customer Fulfillment Center.
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
You will have a hands-on role in our warehouse to ensure delivery of our vast product line to our valued customers.
- Pick and count items from bins, flat stock and racks to fill orders.
- Load, unload and move product by hand, tote or by skid.
- Verify products using item numbers, descriptions, and quantity; inspect products for damage or improper packaging; and use RF equipment to validate items.
- Batch orders and assign packing slips to pick product to totes via RF scanning.
- Operate basic (i.e., electric pallet jack, forklift) and advanced (i.e., turret truck, order picker) powered equipment.
- Train cross-functionally in other departments and functions in order to support business requirements.
- Follow safety guidelines at all times, meet specified productivity and quality expectations, and participate in Work Clean program.
The motivated individual we seek should have these qualifications.
- Basic computer skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Willingness to work overtime to meet customer's needs
- Valid state driver's license, in some instances
- Internal certification to drive powered equipment within specified time requirements
- Internal certification to pick DOT-regulated items, if required
- Physical demands to successfully perform essential job functions (reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities): standing, walking, lifting materials up to 75 pounds (individual or team), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, reaching high and low, repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrist and hands, hearing, seeing (depth perception and peripheral vision), mental coordination, mental alertness for entire shift, ability to wear personal protective equipment as required, and ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet
A career at MSC includes generous benefits, rewards and recognition.
- Training and growth opportunities
- Weekends off
- Paid time off including holidays
- Incentive bonuses and shift differential
- Medical, dental, vision, and company-matched 401(k)
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Apply on company website