Build a better career with MSC.
On Forbes List of ‘Best American Employers'
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading distributor in North America of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
MSC is growing—and going—strong. We seek a team player who thrives in a fast-moving environment to properly package materials and products, load and move material, and operate packaging equipment.
HOW YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE
You will have a hands-on role in our warehouse to ensure delivery of our vast product line to our valued customers.
- Verify products and match items to packing slips using item and vendor numbers, descriptions, and quantity through visual inspections, reference manuals or measuring instruments.
- Count and pack items, including DOT regulated materials.
- Fill boxes with packing material, pack and seal items, adhere shipping labels and shrink wrap.
- Create bar code labels using item numbers, scan and apply labels into warehouse computer system, and scan packages for UPS invoicing.
- Audit packages for accuracy or damage.
- Load, unload and move product by hand or by skid.
- Operate basic (i.e., electric pallet jack, forklift) and advanced (i.e., turret truck, order picker) powered equipment.
- Train cross-functionally in other departments and functions to support business requirements.
- Follow safety guidelines at all times, meet specified productivity and quality expectations, and participate in Work Clean program.
The motivated individual we seek should have these qualifications.
- Basic computer skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid state driver's license, in some instances
- Willingness to work overtime to meet customer's needs
- Internal certification to drive powered equipment within specified time requirements
- Internal certification to pick DOT-regulated items, if required
- Physical demands to successfully perform essential job functions (reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities): standing, walking, lifting materials up to 75 pounds (individual or team), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, reaching high and low, repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrist and hands, hearing, seeing (depth perception and peripheral vision), mental coordination, mental alertness for entire shift, ability to wear personal protective equipment as required, and ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A career at MSC includes generous benefits, rewards and recognition.
- Training and growth opportunities
- Weekends off
- Paid time off including holidays
- Incentive bonuses and shift differential
- Medical, dental, vision, and company-matched 401(k)
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Apply on company website