Search for More JobsGet alerts for jobs like this Get jobs like this tweeted to you
Ryder Columbus, OH
Lowe's Stores Chillicothe, OH
Lowe's Stores Dublin, OH
Company: MSC Industrial Supply Co
Location: Columbus, OH
Career Level: Executive
Industries: Retail, Wholesale, Apparel
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Vice President, Customer Fulfillment Center Operations is responsible for the leadership, engagement, strategic planning, and overall performance of the customer fulfillment center operations.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for the Safety culture, conditions, and outcomes of the CFC's. Leads and sponsors the MSC safety leadership system. Fosters leadership accountability and the realization of our safety principles throughout all operations, and works seamlessly with the MSC Global Safety professionals to facilitate continuous improvement in safety.
- Leads and nurtures the MSC Culture and focus on the customer in the CFC's and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC's mission.
- Provides leadership, direction, and coaching to the CFC leadership team to successfully and effectively accomplish operational goals and attain optimum performance levels.
- Manages and monitors CFC metrics and ensures that all checks and balances are in place and operational to ensure the health and integrity of the business and our Associates.
- Sponsors and drives continuous improvement in all aspects of operations including safety, quality, service, productivity, and overall operating costs.
- Delegates responsibilities for projects and initiatives to CFC leadership as appropriate to achieve positive change.
- Accountable for the overall financial performance of the CFC's. Develops the CFC budgets, monitors performance, and ensures goal attainment.
- Monitors CFC performance towards corporate goals. Ensures alignment of CFC operations with corporate objectives and attainment of those objectives.
- Develops and nurtures cross-functional relationships throughout MSC and supplier partners to achieve corporate goals and identify improvement opportunities.
- Assists Executive team in planning, budgeting, financial and human resource decisions to enable the organization to reach company goals and objectives.
- Develops and delivers presentations to executive management.
- Directs regular staff meetings to ensure communication of strategy and resolution of issues.
- Leads significant cross-functional projects to ensure goals and timelines are met.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Performs all duties inherent in the role of MSC executive as defined by the MSC Code of Conduct including hiring, termination, review, and development of associates.
- To perform this job successfully an associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, experience level and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent experience is required.
- MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of ten years' experience in Distribution Operations leadership with five years of direct experience in a highly automated, multi-facility customer fulfillment center management position with P&L responsibility required.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in managing associates required.
- Multi-Site Distribution Operations leadership experience is preferred.
- Deep commitment and successful experience in leading safety is required.
- Excellent people leadership and communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
- Demonstrated skills in whole systems-thinking, including comprehensive knowledge of business operations and strategic planning skills is required.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, computer, and organizational skills required.
- Proven record of leading positive change is required.
- Extensive customer fulfillment, warehousing, and materials handling background required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a business plan, capital investments, and operating budgets required.
- Successful track record in leading the effective deployment of resources, systems and personnel to enable the achievement of organizational objectives.
- Extensive Positive Associate Relations skills and experience are required.
- Deep understanding and experience in applying Lean principles to various environments and operations to foster a culture of continuous improvement required.
- Post-acquisition integration experience preferred.
A valid driver's license and the ability to travel approximately 25-50% of the time required.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Apply on company website