Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
Requisition ID : 3112
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Accounting/Audit/Finance
Work Location : Melville, NY (CSC)
State or Province : New York (US-NY)
Potential Work Location : United States : New York : MelvilleBRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for servicing all vendor inquiries and providing resolution to invoices in error, vendor statement balances, credit holds, outstanding checks, vendor debit balances and other AP related items in a high volume, fast paced environment.DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, resolve and manage vendor statements.
- Resolve escalated invoices in error from the system two-way match and three-way match.
- Responsible to answer vendor calls and resolve vendor issues.
- Address vendor credit holds with a sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Review AP outstanding checks for resolution, correction before possible escheatment.
- Review, log and resolve returned AP Checks.
- Review and resolve AP Debit Balances.
- Review and resolve transactions on the Continuous Monitoring report.
- Drive performance to meet the department metrics.
- Display flexibility, positive attitude and teamwork in day to day activities.
- Focuses on Quality and Excellence in Customer Service.
- Supports the efforts of other functional groups within the department as required.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC's vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years accounts payable experience.
- Detail Oriented.
- Excellent customer service and people skills are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of accounts payable processes.
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar AP finance package preferred.
- PC/computer skills including MSOffice is required.
- Demonstrates learning agility and organizational skills.
- Must be flexible and able to manage change.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to travel up to 5% of the time may be required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America's Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Apply on company website