Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
Requisition ID : 2433
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Sales / Business Development
Work Location : Mississauga, Ontario
State or Province : Ontario (CA-ON)
Potential Work Location : Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
This Territory is located in London, Ontario
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for the development of long-term profitable sales growth through the opening of new, large accounts within a defined geographic area within the Region. Develop and implement a comprehensive prospecting initiative targeting high potential customers. Negotiate and close new business with minimum monthly revenue quotas and performance standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for meeting sales/market plan goals focusing on new account development
- Develops quality prospects within the company's business model
- Identifies and qualifies customers and conducts comprehensive customer needs analysis to generate sales
- Successfully negotiates long term customer contracts
- Develops pricing schedule that meets the company's gross margin objectives
- Establishes and manages metrics that demonstrate the company value proposition to the customer
- Conducts surveys and designs planographs based on customer needs
- Provides market intelligence to assist the company to meet market demands
- Submits in timely manner, in the format requested, all written reports required by the company management
- Conducts all activities in accordance with established company policies and Corporate Business Conduct guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Sales Manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of high school education (diploma/GED) required
- Two to four year college degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated success in system and conceptual/solution based selling within a value-added environment.
- Proven track record of producing exceptional New Account acquisition results
- Proven track record of successful sales achievements and effective closing skills
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Must be able to communicate in a variety of presentation environments, from board room to ground level maintenance, shop floor, and purchasing agents
- Must possess the ability to design, develop, write and effectively communicate reports, proposals and sales strategies
- High degree of integrity and ability to quickly develop customer relationships required
- Demonstrated ability to use personal productivity enhancing tools, including laptop computers, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and contact management software
- Technical product knowledge preferred relevant to the markets being served, including but not limited to fasteners, chemicals, industrial maintenance supplies, electrical, plumbing, welding and shop supplies
- Understanding of Economic, Finance and Business Profitability concepts required
- Reliable transportation, current driver's license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration
- Must be able to work from home office and own a personal computer with internet access that can be used for work
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America's Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Apply on company website