Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 3686
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Warehouse / Distribution
Work Location : Dallas, TX (Whse)
State or Province : Texas (US-TX)
Potential Work Location : United States : Texas : Dallas
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for the overall management, planning, control and performance of the CCSG - Customer Fulfilment Center.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages CFC inventory and ensures that all checks and balances are in place and operational to ensure inventory integrity/loss prevention.
- Monitors warehouse performance towards corporate goals. Analyzes results and initiates appropriate action to achieve goals.
- Accountable for operating within the prescribed budget assigned.
- Ensure compliance with DOT hazardous materials regulations.
- Develop and maintain safe working practices and conditions in the facility and take action to correct any unsafe practices and or conditions.
- Responsible for facility, housekeeping, and maintenance of the building and grounds.
- Maintains an ISO9002 standard within the CFC.
- Develops and maintains production standards.
- Reviews daily status reports to determine workload and timeliness of the efforts of all departments. Plans work to meet objectives with minimum use of overtime.
- Provides an effective and acceptable means for associates to bring problems and complaints to management's attention.
- Conducts performance reviews and writes evaluations on all direct report exempt associates.
- Performs all duties inherent in the role of an MSC Manager as defined by the MSC Code of Conduct including hiring, termination, review and development of associates.
- Drives the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC's vision and unity of purpose.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or the equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in distribution center management including direct management of staff is required.
- Excellent leadership, analytical, mathematical, computer and organizational skills required
- Strong distribution, warehousing and materials handling background required
- Knowledge of budgeting and staffing analysis required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required
- Bending to lift items from the floor and racks required.
- Lifting items between 25 and 50 pounds required.
- Ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet required.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time required.
- Position may require a valid driver's license.
- Largely (75%) operationally interactive requiring mobile interaction throughout the normal workday.
- Entails normal requirements for lifting and bending; entails excessive standing and walking requirements.
- Requires normal dexterity, strength, and coordination.
- The associate is frequently required to talk and/or hear.
- Requires use of telephone and ability to communicate both verbally and in written format.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Apply on company website