Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 6078
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Sales / Business Development
Work Location : Orlando, FL
State or Province : Florida (US-FL)
Potential Work Location : United States : Florida : Orlando
Location is flexible within Gulf Coast Region.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Regional Customer Productivity Leader (RCPL) is responsible for driving supporting MSC's sales teams with customer solutions and service program recommendations, descriptions and proposals. This includes customer qualification and discovery, the recommendation of MSC solutions based on utilizing MSC's Business Needs Analysis methodology, the measuring and monitoring implemented program performance, and field sales training and coaching. The objective is to position MSC as supply chain/Inventory/procurement experts i.e. Trusted Advisors when developing and recommending solutions to our targeted customer segments. The RCPL acts as a Solutions Consultant and is responsible for partnering with MSC Sales associates to win large/new/incremental business as well as to protect existing business.
In accordance with MSC's go-to-market strategy of “Built to make you better”, the RCPL will rely on Challenger skills and will follow the MRO-Go process, sharing disruptive insights with customers in demonstrating their solutions expertise. The RCPL's will spend the majority of their time on large $1+ per site opportunities, while developing additional approaches to secure smaller opportunities including training materials, on-line self-help / assessment tools and other “plays” to assist and develop sales in winning new business.
Solutions recommendations can/will include Inventory & Crib Management, Procurement Process Efficiencies and data governance. RCPL's are expected to be experts on ALL MSC solutions, including Inventory and Supply Chain Management as well as Digital and Electronic solutions.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for increasing Solution sales ~3M annually within region working closely with sales leadership and sellers to identify and close new solution sales opportunities.
- Partners with and coaches' sales teams to identify and qualify solution opportunities using MRO Go and Challenger methodology
- Expert-level knowledge of MSC's disruptive insights, Challenger selling methodology, and how MSC's solutions contribute to improved customer performance is expected.
- Determines appropriate response to opportunities after initial qualification
- Works with Customer Solutions Manager and Regional Manager to maintain a current working priority list and backlog
- Once selected to conduct a Business Needs Analysis, interfaces with customers on pre-call overview and description of Needs Analysis site evaluations
- Requests required information from customer and sales team to perform the BNA
- Leads team in the on-site discovery of customer needs – current and future state.
- Performs Data Analysis as required in support of site evaluations and proposals (i.e. ABC methodology)
- Designs an MSC solution proposal in support of customer requirements and ensuring MSC's profitability, operational, technical and business objectives are met
- Presents solution in conjunction with the sales team to customers advocating MSC's value proposition.
- Stays close to industry developments, supply chain enhancement, latest Inventory management practices, etc.
- Attend Industry Trade Shows as necessary (i.e. IMTS) as a solutions expert to support sales team.
- Works cross functionally with multiple teams to ensure alignment to capabilities and processes.
- Offers guidance, as required, regarding awarded business and/or solutions implementation
- Measures and monitors implemented solutions and service program performance.
- Evaluates and validates all potential On-Site engagements
- Maintains thorough understanding of all MSC Inventory and Supply Chain and Digital/Electronic solutions
- Provides solution and services program training and coaching to sales managers and sellers
- Completes deliverables on time, as required by internal and external customers
- Seeks out continuous improvement opportunities within MSC's processes, as well as customer processes
- Fosters the MSC culture throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC's mission and vision
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience or equivalent in manufacturing, materials management, Supply Chain management and Industrial Distribution Required.
- Three (3) years consulting or sales experience in Industrial distribution, supply chain or inventory management required
- Coaching and/or training experience required
- Proficiency working with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, as well as mobile technologies required.
- Process evaluation and experience or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Lean / 6Sigma experience or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Management experience preferred
- AS400 experience preferred
- Ability to present to, communicate with, and engage executive-level customer contacts required.
- Experience working in a lead role on one or more projects required.
- P&L management and knowledge required.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to think conceptually are required
- Problem solving ability is required
- Strong knowledge of MSC's disruptive insights, Challenger selling methodology, and how MSC's solutions contribute to improved customer performance.
- Working knowledge of the Industrial Distribution industry and MSC supply chain services and solutions
- Thorough understanding of Supply Chain operations
- Self-starter attitude; ability to perform strongly without constant supervision
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required, as well as written and verbal required.
- Excellent organization and time management skills are required
- Excellent presentation skills required
- A valid driver's license and the ability to travel 50% or more is required
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website