• Prepares meals according to the menus provided using standardized recipes based on standard portion control.
• Estimates food requirements and controls serving portions, eliminating waste and leftovers.
• Maintains equipment and cooking areas in a safe and sanitary manner. Cleans kitchen area and equipment. Washes pots and pans.
• Maintains daily meal census.
• Records meal serving temperatures.
• Assists in training new dietary employees.
• Oversees that all meals and snacks are prepared and sent in a timely manner so that temperature, quality and appearance of the food is maintained.
• Checks for accuracy of special diets.
• Attends inservice meetings.
• Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, promotes a team approach, participates in appropriate problem solving methods.
• With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for clients, reports all complaints made by clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/client property and/or any other corporate compliance items immediately.
• Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the NCR Employee Information Guide (EIG) as well as any facility handbook including but not limited to corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws. • Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Must have the ability to perform needed functions or general/high school course work
Experience: One to two years.
Mental: Must have the ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website