According to prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable state, federal and accreditation regulations and under the general supervision of the Vice President Operational Design has the responsibility to effectively provide leadership, support and guidance to the Environmental Services program and team members for all National Church Residences' Residential Healthcare facilities.
- Ensure Environmental services delivery exceeds resident's and family's expectations in all communities
- Conduct routine and consistent community visits and work side by side and directly with Maintenance and Housekeeping Directors and other team members to ensure systems and technology services meet the needs of the residents, the community and the home office
- Serve as and set the example for maintenance and housekeeping expert for all service lines to include skilled nursing, assisted living, memory care, and independent living
- Exits with Executive Directors and/or Administrators and communicates the results of visits, and engage in partnerships with goal development for services delivery
- Meet with residents and family members and attend satisfaction related meetings to understand their level of program satisfaction
- Always uphold service standards and conduct routine spot audits to ensure compliance
- Hold regular conference calls, and meetings with all Maintenance and Housekeeping Directors to ensure group collaboration, training and best practices
- Ensure company purchasing standards are maintained and appropriate vendors are used
- Ensure all service standards as well as federal, state, and local department regulations and requirements are constantly upheld
- Ensure customer service and training is a priority of all maintenance and housekeeping team members
- Assist with special events, and marketing initiatives as applicable
- Ensure all appropriate program systems and processes are in place at all times and communities have trained back-up team members
- Champions all security related systems including hardware, software and resources to effectively implement new programs
- Collaborate with regional and home office team members to build innovative Environmental service programs that align strategies and goals for successful community implementation
- Develop and provide Quality department with a post-implementation plan to ensure continued compliance of all new programs
- Ensure standardization and redundancy of Environmental services process and systems so that the program can be replicated for growth
- Lead the Environmental services program set-up and implementation in new developments, redevelopments or new lines of services
- Provide guidance and strategy to team members around all related budgetary expectations, KPIs, metrics and outcomes
- Champion the Capital expenditure program planning and execution and coordinate with home office
- Identify, develop and lead new and innovative Environmental programs to contribute towards operational success for applicable residential care facilities
- Lead the analysis of key business initiatives related to delivery of the Environmental services programs
- Partner with internal and external program, curriculum, and experts and influencers to adapt and incorporate thought leadership into a wellbeing platform that benefits our residents
- Policy and procedure development and revision as needed
- Promote the company's mission and corporate strategies as assigned
- Actively participate in meetings and committees as requested
- Assist the VP Operational Design with new projects and assignments as necessary
- Ability to be flexible with schedule and manage multiple assignments and projects simultaneously
- Maintain excellent working relationships with community, regional and home office team members
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
- Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
- With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
- Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
Experience: Minimum 3 years environmental services/maintenance management experience required. Previous experience as a manager/director in a residential care setting with demonstrated, progressive leadership and management abilities preferred. Minimum 5 years environmental services and/or maintenance experience required. Experience with successful project management and/or system implementation preferred but not required
Travel Frequent travel required, must have valid driver's license and be in compliance with
Company's motor vehicle policy standards.
Mental: Must have excellent communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English, as well as the ability to make self-understood
Skills: Must have good working computer skills with basic professional computer software (Microsoft Office suite, Windows, etc.) and the capacity for learning new software systems quickly. Must be self-directed with excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage tasks and assignments concurrently. Must have strong motivational skills and a high emotional intelligence quotient (EQ)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website