Manages all activities related to operations and development of company products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages the facilities, equipment, and human resources of the Warehouse and Distribution department including hiring, firing, promoting, disciplining, and adjusting wages, within the limits of the approval of the Director of Operations and Republic's published policies and procedures.
- Selects and assigns department personnel as required to meet the established departmental operating schedules, ensuring those all-departmental commitments for product receiving, stowage, truck loading and delivery services are met.
- Works cooperatively with the sales department representatives to provide prompt, accurate product deliveries to the company's customers.
- Responsible for ensuring that installed security systems, procedures, and measures are in proper working order, that their use and implementation are clearly understood by warehouse employees and that they are utilized and enforced in order to eliminate pilferage and loss of product.
- Responsible for inventoried items ensuring that they are properly stored in designated locations in order to facilitate access for delivery and that storage guidelines and procedures are observed in order to safeguard the inventory and to maximize product quality and shelf life.
- Ensures properly trained, fully competent personnel regularly employ receiving procedures and that established documentation procedures are consistently followed to ensure accurate entry of quantities received into the warehouse inventory control system.
- Responsible for approved, properly completed sales orders being processed, staged and relocated into delivery vehicles in a safe, timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that established documentation procedures are followed in order to maintain timely, accurate control of sales orders; that approved will calls and SPA orders are accurately filled and made available for pickup in a timely manner and that documentation of all completed orders are forwarded to the accounting department in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that un-saleable items, undelivered orders and other products temporarily removed from the warehouse inventory are properly handled, controlled, and accounted for in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that regular physical inventories are conducted with product consistently accounted for within the appropriate range.
- Responsible for the direct supervision, training, and safe operations of the warehouse staff; ensuring that all delivery activities are conducted in compliance with federal, state, local, and insurance regulations concerning safety, and the handling of alcoholic beverages.
- Is responsible for the direct supervision, training, and safe operations of all delivery drivers; ensures that all delivery activities are conducted in keeping with the best customer relations, documentation, and safety requirements; and that delivery activity is performed in compliance with federal, state, local, and insurance guidelines.
- Directly supervises the maintenance and proper operation of the warehouse conveyor system and all other material handling equipment, ensuring that all such equipment is operated only by properly trained, fully capable personnel, and that clear, safe operating procedures are posted and consistently followed.
- Directly supervises the care, and maintenance of all delivery trucks and vehicles, including communications systems, ensuring their consistent compliance with federal, state, county, and city inspection and licensing regulations.
- Is responsible for the proper selection and development of warehouse and delivery personnel; ensuring that all personnel assigned are given regular performance appraisals in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the HAZ-MAT book and training.
- Participates in a cross functional team focused on cargo security programs and procedures. Supports the company's participation in the cargo security program called Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT), and attends annual training internally or externally on security and threat awareness. Maintains the C-TPAT cargo security requirements, supplied by the Customs Compliance Manager, for the department.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages five subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 75 employees in the Warehouse and Transportation. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises one non-supervisory employee. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 5-7 years previous Warehouse Management experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic Accounting software, Contact Management systems, Internet, Inventory, Spreadsheet, Word Processing software, and order processing systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Forklift Certification
- Ability to be bonded
- Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License – Texas)
Other Qualifications: Spanish bilingual abilities preferred
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must frequently stand; walk; and occasionally climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment; fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.
Apply on company website