PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in a continuous basis until position is filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment will be used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise. Exam#20/52A89/05CR
Natividad is currently seeking to fill one (1) permanent part-time Administrative Nurse / House Supervisor position. This position is primarily responsible for directing and coordinating the patient care activities for the entire hospital. This includes responding to security and other emergency incidents; assessing patient needs; and ensuring appropriate staffing and resource levels. In addition, incumbents play a critical role in the development, implementation and assessment of nursing policies, protocols, and standards, responds to the needs of the hospital and serves as the hospital administrator in absence of Administration.
- Actively communicates with Nursing Services Division Managers and/or Hospital Chief Nursing Officer to determine staffing needs and works together with them to ensure appropriate staffing on all units
- Coordinates and serves as a resource for interdepartmental care for patients by communicating with unit staff
- Identifies and addresses appropriate educational needs of staff
- Follows the Pharmacy policies for obtaining medications when the Pharmacist is unavailable
- Facilitates admissions in a timely manner while assuring patient safety and regulatory compliance
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to charge nurse, co-workers and physicians
- Personally makes rounds to every patients care unit at least three (3) times during a 12-hour shift
- Communicates directly with the charge nurse on each patient care unit
- Responds quickly and appropriately to allegations of abuse, demonstrating competence and following procedures in accordance with hospital policy and local/state regulations
- Resolves patient complaints in a timely manager that is professional and represents administration in a positive manner
- Demonstrates the ability to handle departmental concerns in the absence of the Nursing Services Division Managers or Hospital Chief Nursing Officer
- Responds quickly and appropriately to emergencies; responds to all "Codes" to function as a Nursing Administration representative and ensure compliance with standards of care and mitigate risk
- Maintains a safe environment for staff, patients and visitors
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Encourages patient involvement in decision-making
- Represents administration in a positive professional manner in all interactions with staff, patients and the public
- Keeps current with nursing and management trends through seminar, conferences, professional journals and societies
- Completes staff evaluations for assigned staff in a timely manner
- Maintains accurate documentation and record keeping to support the day-to-day activities of the hospital, as well as informing the Administrator on-call when appropriate
A combination of experience, education and/or training which substantially demonstrates the following knowledge, skills and abilities: Thorough Knowledge of:
- Nursing principles and practices
- Hospital policies, procedures and routines
- Disease processes and treatment including psychological, environmental and physical factors that influence a patient's well being
- Laws and regulations governing patient care and hospital operations
- Legal restraints on the documentation of patient care activities and applicable filing deadlines and time constraints of various regulatory agencies
- Donor network
- Establish priorities in solving unusual medical and administrative problems
- Supervise hospital staff in the provision of patient care
- Facilitate communication between staff and administration
- Read and interpret a variety of rules and regulations, to include employee labor contracts
- Provide excellent and courteous customer service and establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted by the priority screening date of: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
Apply on company website