PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Friday, April 17, 2020 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in an ongoing basis until positions are filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or Per Diem vacancies as they arise.
Natividad is currently seeking a permanent, full-time Hospital Quality Assurance Nurse to assist in the design, facilitation and coordination of quality assurance and performance improvement activities and to work collaboratively with the Natividad medical staff, hospital departments and clinics as part of an effective quality assurance program. We rely on this position to assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, review and evaluate patients' medical records, conduct incident investigations and analyze/validate clinical data. This position will also be expected to perform Core Measure abstractions and data analysis.
- Develops and assists with the implementation of policies and procedures for the quality assurance and improvement function of Natividad, to assure improved compliance with all Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Organizations (The Joint Commission) and other accrediting agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Reviews and evaluates patients' medical records, applying quality assurance criteria. Screens patient care cases and makes recommendations for physician peer review.
- Conducts incident investigations, including root cause, "near miss" and sentinel event analysis.
- Collaborates with medical staff and/or mental health professionals, and others to review and interpret patient records and documentation; writes narrative and statistical reports; and prepares correspondence using word processing software.
- Reviews state regulations, reviews policies and procedures, and makes recommendations to management on methods to conform to regulations; educates staff on regulation changes, and conducts training sessions for clinical and support staff on changes to practices and procedures.
- Analyzes and validates data taken from documented patient interviews.
- Identifies common recurrent patient problems, symptoms and behavioral changes in relation to standards of care and patient needs, and makes recommendations for administrative change.
- Performs Core Measure abstraction and data analysis, prepares reports for The Joint Commission and others.
- Applies knowledge of a variety of conceptual models and previous clinical experience to patient care issues in order to consider alternatives that explain or predict present or potential patient problems; recommends strategies to improve performance.
- Uses evaluation data in collaboration with other health disciplines to influence the revision of the total patient care plan or program/processes.
- Works closely with other health care providers and ancillary services to facilitate patient care.
- Develops and maintains good relations with staff, hospital and private physicians.
- Identifies educational needs of nursing staff related to specialty area; develops educational materials about the specialty area for staff.
- Evaluates and revises program goals, policies, procedures, standards and objectives as necessary.
- Utilizes the results of audit/quality improvement and/or research activities to improve patient care and as learning experiences for staff.
- Reviews quality assurance standards, studies existing hospital policies and procedures, and interviews hospital personnel and patients to evaluate effectiveness of quality assurance program.
- Designs, develops and consults on forms used for the medical record, ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies, including The Joint Commission, State and Federal.
- Selects specific topics for review, such as problem procedures, drugs, high volume cases, high-risk cases, or other factors.
- Acts as staff and/or participating member of various committees, such as the Assessment, Care & Education of Patients (ACE) committee.
- Participates in Nursing and Physician staff meetings, for information gathering and consultation.
- May oversee personnel engaged in quality assurance review of medical records or other assigned tasks.
Licenses/Certificates: Possession of a valid California Registered Nurse license or ability to obtain a CA RN License prior to employment is required. (Please ensure that the name on your license/certification either matches the name on your application or is indicated somewhere on your application, as all licenses/certifications will be verified via primary source)
Thorough Knowledge of:
- Current theory, principles, techniques and procedures used in professional nursing, including those applicable to an acute care hospital and practices of medical quality assurance
- Principles, techniques and practices of data analysis and modelin
- Safety policies and practices, specifically as applied to acute-care hospitals; change management and conflict resolution
- The uses and effects of medicines and narcotics
- Medical terminology, medical instruments and equipment
- All Federal, State and local laws and regulations which govern the practice of nursing and the operations of an acute-care hospital, such as The Joint Commission requirements, Title 22 regulations and other applicable administrative policies, bylaws, and regulations
- Techniques of effective report writing and office correspondence, including English grammar and usage.
Working Knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of business administration, including work planning and organization
- Capabilities and applications of electronic management information systems, including word processing and spreadsheet application and data base programs (i.e. Microsoft, Excel, Access) current theory, principles, techniques and practices of adult education and training
- Principles and practices of modern research methods and processe
- Group and meeting facilitation.
Skill and Ability to:
- Perform a full range of registered nursing dutie
- Conduct investigations into patient care cases, analyze and report findings
- Analyze information, problems, conditions, situations, policies, and procedures
- Recommend and implement effective improvement
- Design, prepare and maintain records and reports; establish and maintain tactful, effective working relationships with all levels of Natividad staff as well as patients, families, providers and other outside agencies/parties
- Manage conflict, motivate staff to effect change where necessary
- Serve as a point of authority and/or source of knowledge for area of expertise
- Organize and prioritize the work of self and others
- Remain calm and effective under pressure and changing priorities
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Gather and analyze data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted by the priority screening date of: Friday, April 17, 2020 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: BarocioKM@natividad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, you will not be eligible for benefits.
Apply on company website