Position Priority Screening Date: Friday, April 17, 2020 at 11:59pm for a guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will be reviewed on an as-needed basis until the positions are filled. Please allow (2) weeks for screening of applications. This eligible list will be utilized to fill future permanent and Per Diem positions as they arise. Exam#20/50P21/04CR
Natividad is currently seeking to fill permanent full time and per-diem Respiratory Care Practitioner positions. The Respiratory Care Practitioner administers skilled respiratory therapy utilizing standard techniques and procedures; and performs other related work as required. Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT DUTIES
- Performs electrocardiographs, complete pulmonary function testing, stress testing, halter monitor set-ups and scanning and other medical procedures related to cardiopulmonary
- Performs all modalities of respiratory therapy such as Intermittent Positive Pressure Breathing (IPPB) therapy, medical gas administration, delivery of aerosolized drugs, continuous mechanical ventilation and airway maintenance; changes oxygen tanks and performs pulmonary drainage procedures. Performs pulmonary "bedside" screens.
- Responds to emergency calls throughout the hospital by supplying oxygen, performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation or artificial respiration.
- Maintains records of treatments given; checks doctor's orders on patient charts for changes in therapy.
- Performs routine mechanical maintenance on respiratory therapy equipment; cleans and prepares equipment after use.
- Performs electrocardiographs, stress tests, and other medical procedures.
- Assists in the instruction of nursing personnel in surveillance of patient and equipment after initial installation; may participate in the training of new staff.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTS: Possession of a valid certificate as a Respiratory Care Practitioner issued by the Division of Allied Health Professions of the Board of Medical Quality Assurance of the State of California or ability to obtain prior to start. (Please ensure that the name on your license/certification either matches the name on your application or is indicated somewhere on your application, as all licenses/certifications will be verified via primary source) ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support), and BLS (Basic Life Support) certifications. NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) may be required dependent on certain unit assignments.Thorough Knowledge of:
- Principles, practices, techniques and terminology used in respiratory therapy, cardiology and pulmonary function field
- Medical gases, their uses, side effects and methods of administration
- Symptoms common to patients suffering from respiratory ailments
- Perform a variety of skilled respiratory treatment
- Operate, maintain and repair technical respiratory equipment
- Deal tactfully with patients in often stressful situations
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with medical staff and co-workers
- Perform basic mathematical functions in order to calculate test results by formula, using calculators, conversion tables and nomograms
- Communicate in order to instruct and explain to others the fundamentals of respiratory therapy, and the use and care of respiratory equipment
- Maintain a variety of records and prepare reports on therapy given
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted by the priority screening date of: Friday, April 17, 2020 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: BarocioKM@natividad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
If you are hired into this classification in a Per-diem position your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.The Respiratory Care Practitioner Per-Diem salary rate is: $45.763 - $62.502 per hour.
Apply on company website