PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in an ongoing basis until positions are filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise. Exam# 21/60C24/04CR.
Natividad is seeking to fill one (1) permanent full time and one (1) temporary Social Worker V - Bilingual position within the Social Services/Utilization Management Department to perform casework of an advanced nature in the most difficult social services areas, requiring the application of highly developed social services expertise and techniques. The Medical Social Work Department at Natividad assists patients and their families who are experiencing difficulties due to a health problem.
Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT RESPONSIBILITES OF THE POSITION
- Develop a psychosocial assessment utilizing all available data in accordance with department policy and procedure regarding psychosocial assessment and patient care plan.
- Develop psychosocial intervention plans within 24 hours of referral.
- Provide individual, family and group counseling services in accordance with department policy and procedures in regard to psychosocial assessment and scope of social services.
- Collaborate and consult with patients' family, physician, nursing ancillary departments, discharge planners and community resources in planning a patient's discharge.
- Provide a full range of clinic skills including, care plans, referrals, advocacy and support services and interdisciplinary and inter-agency collaboration.
- Refer patients and hospital personnel to all available community service resources.
Possession of a Master's Degree from an accredited two-year counseling program AND at least one (1) year of full-time experience performing social work case management as a Social Worker. OR
Possession of a Master's degree in social or behavioral science, psychology, anthropology, sociology and counseling education AND two (2) years of full-time experience performing advanced journey (equivalent to a MSS SW III) level social work case management as a Social Worker.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
A combination of experience, education, and/or training which substantially demonstrates the following knowledge, skills and abilities is required:
Working Knowledge of: Principles of individual & group behavior; principles & techniques of interviewing and recording social casework; methods of psychosocial individual counseling; available social & health services through federal, state and local agencies; principles of group facilitation; current issues & socioeconomic conditions and trends related to public assistance; laws, rules and regulations governing the operation of social services agencies; community organization & the social problems calling for the use of public & private community resources; physical & mental health and the impact on age specific personality.
Skill and Ability to: Gather, analyze, evaluate and draw logical conclusions from data & formulate an effective course of action; think creatively and develop new procedures, methods or approaches to completing assignments; communicate orally with a wide variety of individuals from varying ethnic & socioeconomic backgrounds; effectively counsel; persuade clients to accept recommended course of action; interpret public social service programs; write clearly & concisely in English and Spanish; exhibit sympathy, tact and objectivity when dealing with clients; work independently & complete assignments base on overall goals and objectives; establish & maintain effective working relationships.
Working knowledge of: General principles of public assistance policies and programs; principles involved in the nature, growth and development of personality; understanding of relationship between mind, body, spirit and appropriate intervening to promote optimum health. Additional Information CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven and clean driving record.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
**REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS AND SCREENING PROCESS**
The screening process is tentative. Should a change be made, applicants will be notified. The competitive process includes:
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application may be obtained from and submitted to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906, or On-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com; resume and license and/or certifications (if applicable) may be attached to your online application or emailed separately to: GarciadL@natividad.com. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to obtain regular paper application materials please contact the Natividad HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd.,(831) 783-2700, M - F, 7:30 a.m.- 5:00p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: All licenses/certificates will be verified via primary source. Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. Please note: The initial screening for this position uses ONLY the applicant's answers to the Supplemental Questions. Screeners (who are Subject Matter Experts) are not given the application and/or resumes at this point in the process. Therefore, your answers to the Supplemental Questions are critical. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the HR Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position you will not be eligible for the benefits.
Apply on company website