Position Priority Screening Date: Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 5:00 pm for guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will reviewed, as needed until the position is filled. Please allow 2 weeks for processing of all application materials. The Eligible List established by this recruitment may also be used to fill future temporary or permanent vacancies as they arise. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) Exam#19/52A20/03CR
Natividad currently looking to fill full time Staff Nurse III positions in the Surgical Services Department and Acute Rehabilitation Unit; which is the highest level of Staff Nurse in the professional series. This incumbent performs the full range of nursing duties with minimal supervision and periodic in-service training. Examples of Duties SIGNIFICANT DUTIES
- Serves as resource person and provides orientation and training to new staff, residents, medical and nursing students.
- May serve as charge nurse in the absence of Supervisor by assuming unit specific operational activities.
- Provides overall patient care appropriate to the nursing care plan.
- Provides teaching and support to the patient and family.
- Notifies Supervisor & Health Care provider of negative change in patient status in a timely manner.
- Understanding, communicates, and applies pharmacokinetics and safe administration of common medications used for the treatment of patients on their units.
- Safely administer routine Medications by PO, IM SQ & rectal routes.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients & families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Properly prepare, hang, monitor and discontinue IV fluids and blood/blood components.
- Acts as a patient advocate & assists physician with patients.
- Develops a written plan of care & completes accurate documentation of patient care.
- Provides ongoing assessment of the patient as status changes.
- Communicates to the supervising RN the need to change a course of nursing actions based upon change in the patient's condition.
- Demonstrates ability to follow chain of command, as situation demands and delegates appropriately to the CNA or MUC.
- Evaluates patient response to pain interventions including pharmacological and non-pharmacological.
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
Required Licensure: Possession of a valid California Registered Nurse (RN) license AND
Experience: Twelve (12) months or 2,080 hours of experience as a registered nurse.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have proven track record demonstrating the following:
Thorough Knowledge of:
- Current theory, principles, techniques and procedures used in professional nursing.
- Medical terminology, medical instruments & equipment.
- Routines typical to an acute-care hospital.
- The uses and effects of medicines and narcotics.
- Federal, State, Local laws & regulations & TJC standards that govern the nursing practice & delivery of health care.
- Current treatments, drugs and equipment associated with area of specialization.
- Advance theoretical concepts, principles, techniques and procedures used in professional nursing and health care.
- Mode of action and effects of medicines and narcotics.
- Advance treatments, drugs and equipment associated with an area of specialization.
- Principles and practices of quality assurance; safety policies of quality assurance.
- Safety policies and procedures related to nursing.
Working Knowledge of:
- Community resource available to provide patient care & follow-up.
- Computer applications related to nursing.
- Principles of supervision, training, directing and evaluating subordinates.
Skill and Ability to:
- Perform the full range or registered nursing duties and responsibilities.
- Plan and organize nursing plans for patients.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt and effective course of action.
- Provide excellent customer service and establish and maintain an effective working relationship.
- Communicate effectively with physicians, patients and other hospital staff.
- Perform Specialized and advance nursing tasks.
- Utilize staff effectively in the conduct of patient care, studies and projects.
- Review and edit written reports, policies and procedures, standards of care and quality and duties of the position.
- Keep abreast of developments in area of nursing specialization.
- Incumbents will be required to possess a valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays; and work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
1. APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire are required.
Please submit on-line applications at: www.natividad.com. All licenses will be verified via primary source so please ensure that the name on your application is either the same name that is on your license or that you have indicated the name you are licensed under on your application. An optional resume may be attached to the online application or emailed separately to: BaracioKM@natividad.com and will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive employment application materials contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2707. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. QUALIFICATIONS APPRAISAL: Completed application materials will be competitively evaluated. The best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate further in the process.
3. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possession of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
4. ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future permanent & temporary vacancies.
• If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
• Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
• If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed above.
Apply on company website