PRIORITY SCREENING DATE: Monday, May 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review. Application materials received after this date will be reviewed in an ongoing basis until positions are filled. Please allow up to (2) two weeks for processing of application materials. (Postmarks and faxes not accepted.) The eligible list established by this recruitment maybe used to fill current and future permanent or temporary vacancies as they arise.
Natividad is currently seeking a permanent, part-time Surgical Technician in the Surgical Services Department. Under general supervision, the surgical Technician assists Surgeons and Nurses in specialized patient care and treatment in the operating room; and to do related work as required.
- Scrubs for operations
- Participates in setting up operating room prior to surgery making sure to adapt procedures to meet individual needs of pediatric, adolescent, adults, and geriatric patients for treatment and pulling appropriate instruments and/or trays
- Ensures that aseptic technique is followed when opening sterile supplies and setting up for procedures
- Assists in the positioning, prepping, and draping of patients for surgical procedures and with turnover in operating room
- Hands sterile instruments and surgical supplies to the surgeon during an operation
- Completes operating room counts and follows proper procedure in the event of incorrect counts
- Checks all equipment/instruments needed prior to each procedure to ensure proper functioning
- Inventory and order supplies as needed. Maintain par levels for individual service lines
Some knowledge of:
- Aseptic techniques and methods
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Medical terminology and hospital routine
- Surgical instruments and equipment and their proper maintenance
- Assist physicians and nurses during and after operations
- Consistently perform previously described duties with manual dexterity
- Act quickly and efficiently in emergencies
- Keep clinical and surgical records and charts
- Work cooperatively with others
- One year of training and experience as a surgical technician in an operating room of an acute care hospital.
- Certification as a Surgical Technician is highly desirable.
- Natividad requires that all incumbents pass a pre-employment physical/medical assessment.
- Natividad will conduct a thorough background and reference check process which includes a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
- Employees who drive on County business to carry out job related duties must possess a valid CA Driver License for the class vehicle driven.
- Employees must have and show their original Social Security Card and a valid CA Driver License or CA State ID prior to the first day of work.
- Incumbents may be required to work all shifts, including weekends and holidays;
- Incumbents may be required to work with potentially hazardous and infectious substances.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION: A completed Monterey County Application and responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire, must be submitted by the priority screening date of: Monday, May 25, 2020 at 11:59 pm for a guaranteed review to the Natividad Human Resources Office, 1441 Constitution Blvd., Bldg. 300, Salinas, CA. 93906 OR on-line applications may be submitted at www.natividad.com Optional resume may be attached to the on-line application or emailed separately to: GarciaDL@natividad.com, resume will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. For more information or to receive application materials, you may contact the Natividad Human Resources Office at (831) 783-2700. Office hours, M - F, 7:30a.m.- 5 p.m. QUALIFICATIONS ASSESSMENT: To further assess applicants' possessions of required qualifications, this process may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exam, or physical ability exam.
ELIGIBLE LIST: Applicants successful in the Qualifications Assessment process will be placed on an eligible list for possible final selection interview. This eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. SPECIAL NOTES
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please contact the Personnel Analyst for Natividad at (831) 783-2711.
Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for benefits.
If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, you will not be eligible for benefits.
Apply on company website