Position at Navitor Midwest
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees' potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We're passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we're in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It's time to look at Taylor.
Navitor Midwest, a branch of Taylor Corporation, is seeking a 4-Color Offset Press Operator. The position is responsible for accurately setting up the 4-color printing press for producing business cards and brochures.
- Set up, operate and maintain production on the Heidelberg offset press to meet job specifications on production orders, proofs and supplied samples.
- Troubleshoots mechanical and printing issues and makes adjustments and corrections to maintain production and meet quality standards.
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs of press, delivery, and feeder, coater and other equipment.
- Match color both visually and with spectrodensitometers.
- Perform client press checks in a professional and courteous manner.
- Read and understand written and verbal instructions, specifications and information.
- Reproduce color to match proofs, samples and specifications.
- Keep Supervisor informed of any concerns or issues that would compromise quality, schedules or safety.
- Work at a steady pace to assure schedules and deadlines are met.
- Inspect and monitor quality of products received from other departments or moving to another department, including packaging of materials for shipment to assure quality standards are met.
- Take appropriate action to prevent inferior quality or inaccurate product from being delivered to the client by notifying your supervisor.
- Actively support continuous improvement in processes, procedures and quality.
- Promote and maintain a clean, safe and organized work area
- Follow requirements of documented process, as defined in the Quality Systems Program. Ensures all work performed is in conformance, as defined in the quality system documents, procedures, and client requirements. Makes updates to quality manual as needed and/or assigned.
- Responsible for collecting and accurately reporting data related to the production, but not limited to labor hours, materials, waste, etc. using methods and systems, as directed by your supervisor.
- 2nd Shift
You Must Have:
- High Mechanical aptitude
- Strong multi-tasking, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high energy, and challenging environment
- Basic math skills
- Ability to distinguish colors
- Ability to meet and sustain daily production, quality, waste and attendance standards
- Ability to stand for an entire shift
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a consistent basis and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Positive attitude and be team oriented
We Would Also Prefer:
- High school education or equivalent
- Experience on a 4-or-6-color litho press
- Experience with Anicolor process is a plus
About Taylor Corporation:
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We're also big on work-life balance and you'll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees' potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Navitor Midwest is one of America's largest commercial wholesale printers, delivering innovative programs, services and technologies exclusively to our community of resellers. Headquartered in Minnesota and with manufacturing facilities nationwide, Navitor provides print resellers and distributors the industry's widest portfolio of personalized print and custom business identity products. Navitor is part of the Taylor Corporation family of companies. For more information, visit our website at Navitor.com.
Apply on company website