It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!Assists in the formulation of specialized and rare reagents needed to meet Diagnostics Manufacturing production schedule. Occasionally troubleshoots product failures and product improvement efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulate chemical reagents from stock with direction from the appropriate Standard Manufacturing Procedure (SMP) or Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Conduct evaluations for chemical and antibody reagents with direction from the appropriate Standard Manufacturing Procedure (SMP) or Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Follow International Organization for Standardization (ISO) guidelines in the manufacture of all reagents.
- Use good manufacturing procedures (GMP) in the manufacture of all reagents.
- Participate in validation and verification procedures pertinent to manufacturing of reagents with direction from the appropriate Standard Manufacturing Procedure (SMP) or Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Participate in product/process improvement of current products to improve product quality, reduce lead-times and improve
- Assist Manager in maintenance of raw material inventory.
- Executes and maintains Standard Operating Procedures to meet current cGMP / ISO / MIOSHA / MDEQ or other regulatory requirements
- Prepare and present reports and analysis of data as required
- Maintains general cleanliness and organization of physical area responsible for
- Assist in troubleshooting quality problems with products made in Reagent Support department
- Assist in troubleshooting quality problems in ELISA, Lateral Flow, Gene Trak, and other Diagnostics products
- Make recommendations for improvements to existing products based on experimental and stability data
- Other duties as may be assigned by Manager
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum BS degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry or Biological Science preferred or related coursework equivalent to an Associate's Degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience within the Reagent Support department required. Laboratory and Manufacturing experience including HPLC and FPLC analysis, protein purification and characterization, and protein conjugation is desirable. Knowledge and understanding of cGMPs and ISO desirable.
Language Skills: Ability to read, interpret and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural documents in English. The person must be able to read computer screens in English.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform routine, college level mathematical operations, including basic statistical functions.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a solid knowledge of computers and OS systems as well as the ability to effectively communicate electronically. Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite is also required.
- Troubleshooting – Takes an analytical logical approach to determine the root cause of problems and devises a solution to the problem. Records, presents and interprets data in a clear concise organized manner. Utilizes the scientific method.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication – Can speak clearly and persuasively in both positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarification as required; responds effectively to questions; can effectively manage group presentations; will be an active participant in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; varies writing style to meet needs of readers; presents numerical data effectively.
- Cost Aware - Works within approved departmental budgets; can develop and implement cost saving or avoidance measures; conserves organizational resources; contributes to profit.
- Ethics – Treats people with dignity and respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values; maintains confidentiality.
- Organizational Support – Will follow and support corporate policies, procedures and decisions once made; completes necessary administrative tasks correctly, effectively and on time.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; can utilize time efficiently; develops realistic action plans and does follow up as needed.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure/stress; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests;
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit, for prolonged periods of time. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close visual acuity (with or without corrective devices), depth perception and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles (dust), wet floors, cold or hot areas. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic, pathogenic or caustic agents that require the use of specific PPEs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to highCome Be Part Of A Mission that Matters!
From inside the farm gate to our dinner plates, Neogen protects the world's food supply. Through a variety of animal healthcare products, to food safety solutions for dangerous bacteria, allergens, toxins, drug residues and much more, Neogen is there — and you can be too.
Apply on company website