It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!We are looking for an experienced creative with a mind full of ideas to think outside the box and collaborate with internal groups to bring customer-centric, creative concepts to life. Candidates are brand fanatics and unabashed marketing geeks that can tie all visual touch points into one seamless experience. Our goal is to achieve the best possible outcome of our projects both visually and strategically to meet customer expectations and drive Neogen's sustainable growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish the look and feel for various interfaces, including digital, animation, and print concepts
- Have an intimate understanding of design, copy, and web best practices/guidelines
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce a brand's style or voice through its visual touchpoints
- Experienced in conveying a polished visual language
- Designs logos, icons, and infographics
- Creates web banner ads, email templates, landing pages, or a visual overlay for a button, tab, or icon.
- Experience with transitions, animation, motion design and dynamic interaction
- Sources images (stock photos and video footage)
- Works with a component library
- Works on email marketing items, presentation materials and interactive event materials
- A solid foundation in typography, layout and design
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent visual, written and verbal communication skills, along with presentation and negotiation skills
- Eye for detail and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress and meet deadlines
- The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Measure project performance using implemented systems, tools and techniques
- Communicate milestones, priorities, bottlenecks, and other major challenges which may affect successful delivery
- Represent Neogen's culture, vision, mission, and core values at all times
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Leadership Skills - High energy personality and strong work ethic. Instills discipline, structure and commitment to success in team.
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Demonstrates attention to detail; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Maintains confidentiality.
Strategic Thinking - Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Judgement - Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans. Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to manage time efficiently without structured supervision.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Four-year college or university degree in Advertising, Design, Fine Arts, or related field required. Demonstrated hands-on experience in creative process, full-cycle brand concepts, Marketing, Graphic Design and Brand Development. 3+ years of experience as a creative leader in agency or in- house.Come Be Part Of A Mission that Matters!
From inside the farm gate to our dinner plates, Neogen protects the world's food supply. Through a variety of animal healthcare products, to food safety solutions for dangerous bacteria, allergens, toxins, drug residues and much more, Neogen is there — and you can be too.
Apply on company website