Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant PRN - COTA
Primary Location: United States-TX-TXHouston
PRN ONLY- Weekday and weekend hours- 10-15 hours a week
From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network — a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 30 years.
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury. As a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant with NeuroRestorative you’ll be one of those special people. For NeuroRestorative and The MENTOR Network the Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. NeuroRestorative-Houston is seeking a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant to administer occupational therapy treatment to program participants according to a program plan developed by a licensed occupation therapist. Essential Job Functions
- Assures all program participants receive scheduled occupational therapy treatments and documents therapy sessions.
- Performs active, passive and/or resistive therapeutic exercises, general therapy principles on program participants.
- Demonstrates knowledge of indications and contra-indications of heating modalities and techniques.
- Fabricates appropriate splints under instruction of occupational therapist and instructs program participant in splint wear and care.
- Trains program participants in homebound and community level, including endurance training.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of occupational therapy equipment and therapeutic exercise treatments.
- Confers with staff members and other health care members to exchange, discuss and evaluate program participant information for modifying and coordinating current treatment program and participates in treatment planning with trans-disciplinary team as requested. Adheres to ethics of confidentiality.
- Takes inventory of current occupational therapy equipment and confers with department regarding current status and future needs. Requests supplies as needed.
- Maintains or checks daily billing logs for program participants.
- Follows daily scheduling patterns, communicates with staff, and adjusts schedules as needed for flexibility.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Apply on company website