Cognitive Skills Building Specialist-Delran
Primary Location: NJ-NJDelran-8008 US Route 130 N
Function: Program Services Coordination/Case Management
NeuroRestorative - Delran, NJ
Cognitive Retraining Specialist!
From clinicians to program managers to direct care staff, our employees make a difference every day. Our talented team provides subacute and post-acute rehabilitation services to individuals with brain, spinal cord, and medically complex injuries, illnesses, and other challenges. And as a part of The MENTOR Network—a national network of local health and human services providers—NeuroRestorative’s employees are part of a growing organization that’s been at the forefront of providing innovative, community-based care for more than 40 years.
Description Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support adults with brain injury. As a Cognitive Retraining Specialist with NeuroRestorative you’ll be one of those special people. For NeuroRestorative and The MENTOR Network, a Cognitive Retraining Specialist is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. Essential Job Functions
- Provide and maintain an orderly, safe, clean and warm therapeutic environment.
- Closely follow the Day Program schedule of assignments and seek approval from the Day Program Administrator for any necessary changes.
- Provide individual and group therapies to clients with the support of the Cognitive Coordinator.
- Monitor clients during transitional times, lunch, and breaks. This includes behavioral, toileting, and general assistance as needed.
- Attend assigned IRP meetings, Day Program team meetings, staff meetings, and additional meetings as assigned.
- Complete all required documentation including, but not limited to behavior charts, FYI’s, incident reports, monthly reports, IRP reports, therapy notes, lesson plans, and so forth.
- Treat clients with respect, dignity, and compassion at all times.
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times and ensure confidentiality of privileged information.
- Complete all cognitive therapy assessments on an annual basis to all persons served, as determined by the Cognitive Coordinator.
- Cooperate with the licensee and Department of Human Services in any inspection or investigation.
Apply on company website