Music Therapist, MT-BC
Primary Location: United States-TX-TXAustin
Function: Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
The music therapist reports to the program manager and is responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of an on-going program of musical activities designed to meet the interest and the physical, mental, psychological, and spiritual needs of each resident. On a one-to-one basis or in group sessions, music therapists give service users the opportunity to express themselves through the medium of music, and improve their mental or physical health by taking part in a range of ‘music experiences’. Sessions might involve singing, songwriting, improvisation, listening to music, chatting about music or sometimes even dancing.
Description NeuroRestorative is seeking a qualified Music Therapist, MT-BC certified. Music Therapist will provide part-time services for individuals who may have challenges related to cognitive, social, physical or mental functioning. Services provided in Austin and surrounding Central Texas communities.
- Develops, administers and coordinates unit music activities and programs.
- Provides musical entertainment at various activities and programs.
- Implements music activities that facilitate non-musical goals (e.g., sensory stimulation, memory recall, positive failure, free experiences, socialization, etc.).
- Monitors the condition of musical instruments (e.g., piano and organ tuning, purchasing instruments and general maintenance.).
- Works as part of care plan team in determining therapeutic objectives and goals, Provides input to appropriate staff regarding music therapy.
- Coordinates, organizes and implements activity programs in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Plans and performs group and one to one activities appropriate to the needs of each resident and encourages participation.
- Ensures each residents' physical, social, intellectual, spiritual and sensory emotional needs are met through independent activities or group in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Provides entertainment at various activities and programs as needed.
- Transports ambulatory and wheelchair residents to and from on-site activities.
- Provides support to assist residents into and out of chairs.
- Keeps accurate and thorough resident activity attendance records.
- Keeps residents and staff informed of event and/or activity changes.
- Encourages residents to continue independent activities
Apply on company website