Current Employees Click HERE
Current employees can apply directly through the Internal Careers Center online for Prospect Medical job openings in California. For a streamlined application process, all you need is your four-digit employee ID number and a digital copy of your résumé handy before you apply.
Field Based Nurse Practitioner - Care@Home
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
Provides high quality, evidenced based in-home patient care to complex and high-risk patients with the primary goal and objectives of providing best-in-class patient care, reducing avoidable hospitalizations, and decreasing unnecessary emergency department utilization. As a member of the program care team, the Nurse Practitioner (NP), in collaboration with a supervising physician, will be responsible for delivering effective clinical services in the home and/or skilled nursing facility or long-term care facility depending on where the patient is in the continuum of care.Job Responsibilities/Duties
- Conducts face-to-face medical visits to patients for routine visits, acute illness, and post-acute discharge for patients with complex medical conditions.
- Completes a comprehensive health assessment to identify all active and chronic conditions, as well as determine all physical, mental and social needs present at the time of the visit.
- Orders appropriate lab tests and diagnostic procedures and interpret results to aid in health promotion and accurate diagnosis and treatment of illnesses.
- Perform timely and accurate documentation of patients' medical information and all activity related to patient care in electronic medical record system.
- Appropriately assigns the correct coding for acute and chronic conditions. Complete full and appropriate documentation to reflect the services provided in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Communicates, by phone, in person, in writing or electronically with PCPs and specialists in order to provide comprehensive care or to make referrals, as necessary. Consults with supervising physician as appropriate.
- Participates in On-Call program which may include after-hours, weekend and holiday calls and visitations.
- Provide feedback for program development. Participates in collaborative multidisciplinary team meetings to optimize clinical integration, efficiency, and effectiveness of service delivery as required.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited Masters Degree in Nursing (MSN) program.
Minimum Experience: Two or more (2+) years of post-graduate experience working as a Nurse Practitioner in an Adult, Family, Internal Medicine, Geriatric, Palliative or Hospice setting. One or more (1+) years of nursing experience in Mental Health, Behavioral Health, Psychiatry or similar.
Req. Certification/Licensure: Board Certified through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).Employee Value Proposition
Prospect Medical Holdings, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
Prospect Medical Systems has a zero-tolerance policy regarding the use of drugs and alcohol. Our Company is committed to maintaining a productive, drug free workplace that keeps employees and patients safe from harm. For this reason, we require applicants to pass a screening for drug use as a condition of employment. This includes: alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, opiates and methamphetamines.How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit http://pmh.com/careers/ and click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Apply on company website