The Financial Counselor conducts financial screenings of patients in order to secure payment for healthcare services for those that are uninsured and underinsured. Identifies the appropriate payment source, which may include patient payment, enrollment in government programs including Medicaid and Charity Care or other payment sources. Daily tasks include inpatient and bedded patient account review, authorization and benefit determination, creating estimates and collecting point of service cash when appropriate, providing timely and appropriate referrals for various state medical assistance programs, collecting all necessary documentation and patient signatures and verifying commercial payers including updating the patients financial record in the appropriate HIS.
- Similar hospital billing or accounting experience
- Knowledge of Charity Care. Uncompensated Care, and Medicaid guidelines and regulations
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance verification preferred
- Candidate must be detail-oriented
- Computer experience required
- A minimum of three years insurance authorization/pre-certification experience required.
- Knowledge of insurance, insurance verification and TOS collections.
- Prior experience in hospital admissions preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Bilingual preferred.
- must have a high school diploma
NEWARK BETH ISRAEL MEDICAL CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply on company website