About Newmont Goldcorp Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925. The Red Lake district is located 180 kilometers north of Dryden about 100 kilometers from the Manitoba border in northwestern Ontario. It spans 42,000 hectares and has produced over 29 million ounces of gold since 1949. Reporting to the Senior Reliability Engineer, the Maintenance Planner, Hoist will be responsible for the detailed and timely maintenance planning on all related equipment. This position will work a local 4x3, 10.5-hour shift schedule offering a great work/life balance. At Red Lake, we leverage the technical support of OEMs, engineering firms and other technical groups. You will collaborate with those individuals, along with our internal trades group, on appropriate maintenance planning and opportunities for improvement. At Red Lake, you will be supported in your success in the role by maintenance planners, engineers, front-line supervisors and others. A few key statistics of the operation
- Five (5) Headframes with ten (10) mine hoists.
- 115kv company owned power line and substation.
- Seven (7) 44kv surface distribution substations.
- Communication and monitoring systems ranging from fiber optics, radio, seismic etc.
- Three (3) interconnected underground complexes.
- Two (2) operating processing mills.
- Underground loading pockets.
- Identify and review inventory levels of critical spare parts.
- Implement and maintain a continuous improvement process to minimize equipment failures and improve equipment reliability.
- Issue long and short-range plans in conjunction with operations team.
- Liaise with technical experts on equipment as required.
- Maintain data in conjunction with outside engineering/technical firms and keep abreast of regulatory tests.
- Prepare, review and continuously improve job plans.
- Provide support for projects and major shutdowns.
- Coordinate amongst multiple departments for larger repairs or outages.
- Regularly audit hoist books.
- Manage rope books.
- Ensure appropriate hoisting certificates are kept current.
- Coordinate appropriate scheduling meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical language, operations manuals and drawings.
- Solid understanding of preventative maintenance with mechanical & electrical aptitude.
- Show initiative and maturity to analyze and solve problems.
- Proficient Microsoft suite of products.
- Relevant Engineering degree with experience in maintenance, preferably in the mining industry, or a relevant trades qualifications with experience in the above responsibilities
- Strong sense of responsibility and commitment to safety.
- Committed to continuous improvement with a vested interest in developing oneself as well as others around them.
- Interested in working within a diverse and inclusive environment with enthusiasm to work collaboratively and respectfully to achieve mutual success.
- Agile, with the ability to focus on priorities and re-align when needed.
- Clear communicator with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
This position will be posted until filled. Please enter Job Number RED00002971 to submit your online application (https://goldcorp.referrals.selectminds.com/). Please ensure that you attach your resume as part of your online application. At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies. Internal candidates must submit a job application form to Connor Ranger, Human Resources. Please note that relocation will not be available to those located within 80 kilometers of Red Lake Gold Mines or for contract positions. As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply on company website