CAREER OPPORTUNITY Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper. Silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925. Mine Dispatcher Borden Mine – Chapleau, ON The Mine Dispatcher is responsible for the management of multiple site automation systems. This position follows a 7x7 schedule and will require the successful candidate to relocate to Chapleau, ON. Responsibilities
- Promote a safe and healthy work site environment, utilizing the control room and the data collected by the HMI and cameras.
- Collecting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings - Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Provide site wide emergency management (releasing stench gas, contacting management team, notifying appropriate emergency agencies and mobilizing emergency equipment)
- Manage warning alarms generated by various monitoring systems and notify the responsible parties
- Participate in the creation of procedures and initiate the Enablon files during incidents and accidents
- Effectively manage the ventilation system (VOD), including all gas clearing requirements.
- Ensure procedures and policies are followed during all blasting activities (underground tag board monitoring, starting/shutting down of fans, opening/closing of ventilation controls)
- Coordinate return to work following gas clearing, workplace closures and emergency shut downs
- Oversee the operation
- f all tele-operation processes (mucking, long-hole drilling, AGS clearing, hammer, and winch).
- Track the mobile equipment fleet location and status using Imagine Software. Create work orders for emergency repairs and operator reported equipment deficiencies. (SAP notification)
- Maintain records for the control room, utilize the data to analyze various systems and promote continuous mine improvement.
- Assist with
- rdering equipment and tools for underground work, respecting the prescribed deadlines
- College Diploma in mining or mineral technology
- Mine Supervisory experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the underground mining sector
- Underground Common Core
- Exceptional computer skills
Apply on company website