CAREER OPPORTUNITY Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper. Silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925. Pit Shop Mechanical Supervisor Porcupine Mine – Timmins, ON Responsibilities:
- Ensure that employees have the tools and systems in place so work can be performed safely and efficiently.
- Guide and coach individuals towards reaching personal and company goals.
- Identify opportunities for improvements (training, tools, etc.) and implement corrective actions.
- Complete performance reviews as required on all direct reports in a timely and professional manner, develop action plans, and follow up throughout the year.
- Promote and build a positive & co-operative working relationship with all departments, keeping safety, production and costs as primary elements to meet the mine plan.
- Promote safety, PM compliance, equipment availability and cost control.
- Organize work and utilize resources to achieve targeted compliance to plan expectations.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with external agencies (i.e. MOL, MOE, WSN).
- Promote the principles of ownership and accountability to the maintenance personnel.
- Lead by example, provide guidance and motivate people to work safely
- Ensure PGM’s safety initiatives are implemented and followed. These include Daily huddles, Golden Card 5-pt safety system, job task analysis, safety meetings, etc.
- Promote 5S and best in class housekeeping practices around the shop and work areas.
- A Certified tradesman or a holder of a Maintenance Technician/Technologist Certificate with work experience.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in maintenance environment.
- Combination of 10 years’ experience as a mechanic including some temporary supervisory/lead hand experience.
- Ability to interpret electrical & hydraulic schematics and offer sound technical expertise with regards to maintenance issues.
- A strong working knowledge of mining equipment, maintenance procedures and legislative requirements as it relates to mining equipment and the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead others.
Apply on company website