Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
North American Regional Office - Vancouver, British Columbia
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced professional to become part of our corporate tax team based in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Manager, Tax Compliance, the Tax Analyst will have significant involvement in tax compliance, tax provisions, dealing with tax authorities’ information requests and will also be required to conduct technical tax research relevant to tax planning projects.
- Prepare Corporate tax returns, filing and supporting tax schedules
- Obtain relevant information from accounting group to ensure timely completion of required Corporate Tax returns
- Prepare quarterly and year-end tax provision working papers
- Ensure supporting documentation is maintained
- Respond to Federal and provincial income tax audits and inquiries
- Assist Tax Manager/Director in Canadian and international tax planning projects
- Deep tax compliance experience, ideally with a large corporation
- Experience with a resource corporation is preferred, but not essential
- Advanced knowledge of Canadian Federal and provincial taxation and intermediate knowledge of international taxation
- Understanding of tax accounting
- Designated Accountant (CA, CGA or CMA is preferred)
- Enrolled or completed CICA In-depth tax program
- Self-starter, efficient and attentive detail
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to work under time pressure and balance multiple priorities
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on October 18th, 2019. Please enter Job Number NOR00000138 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). Please ensure that you attach your resume as part of your online application. At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply on company website