CAREER OPPORTUNITY Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper. Silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925. Underground Safety Coordinator Porcupine Mine – Timmins, ON Responsibilities:
- Conduct site inspections and assist with accident investigations.
- Audit the workplace, identify hazards and make recommendations to reduce exposure to the workforce
- Coordinate and monitor activities relating to the Fatality Risk Management program and other safety related programs / activities.
- Coordinate Emergency Response planning and training.
- Oversee the inherent programs i.e. 5 Pt. Safety System, Safety Meetings, etc.
- Monitor the functioning of the IRS and make recommendations for its improvement.
- Report to site superintendent(s), general foreperson, frontline supervisors, and contractors on the safety and health status of the operation.
- Conduct weekly supervisor safety meetings and provide updates on the departmental activities.
- Advise workers, supervisors and management personnel on technical safety & health matters.
- Provide management with statistical reports.
- Actively participate in safety groups i.e. Porcupine Safety Group, WSN technical committee(s), JH&SC (at their site location), etc.
- Review and monitor all Enablon events and actions items within there area to ensure completion and implementation of recommendations
- Complete FRA (Formal Risk Assessments)
- Ensure an adequately trained compliment of U/G Mine Rescue personnel.
- Minimum grade 12, technical diploma preferred.
- Accreditation in the U/G Supervisory Common Core.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in underground operations
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Occupational Health and Safety Systems Management.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in leadership roles
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, surface and underground mine rescue training, WHMIS and Loss Control techniques.
Apply on company website