CAREER OPPORTUNITY Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper. Silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925. Underground Training Coordinator Porcupine Mine – Timmins, ON Responsibilities:
- Conduct training in the following programs; U/G Service Miner Common Core, U/G Basic Common Core, U/G Mining Specialties, In-House licensing and inductions.
- Provide induction training to new employees, and contractors.
- Maintain accurate training records of trainees.
- Participate in accident investigation where it may relate to training, when required.
- Identify new training needs for mine employees by staying current with the changes in regulations, equipment and procedures
- Act as a resource person to Supervision, workers and the JH&SC.
- Assist with the development of new training programs and the revisions to existing programs.
- Assist the In-House-Trainers in their duties and ensure that they are providing training according to PGM standard and MTCU guidelines.
- Assist in monitoring the workplace to ensure that employees and contractors have received training or are being trained on the equipment that they are expected to operate.
- Assist in testing new mobile equipment i.e. brake testing, to ensure that all underground and surface equipment meets our specifications prior to being used on site.
- Communicate the inherent programs i.e. 5 Pt. Safety System, etc.
- Advise workers, supervisors and management personnel on training matters.
- Act as a resource for all employees and the JH&SC.
- Minimum grade 12, technical diploma preferred.
- Basic Common Core Accreditation (MTCU)
- Specialty accreditation in areas of expertise
- 15 years underground mining experience
- Conventional & mechanized mining experience with respect to production & development mining
- Miner 1 status / ability (1 yr. minimum)
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Modular Training Programs, WHMIS and Loss Control techniques.
- Ability to plan and schedule training and other activities
- Work well in a team atmosphere.
Apply on company website